Getting Ready for SJ season

Rollin

Visit site
Even in this normally mild region of sunny France, we have suffered from the 'beast from the east', hard ground has put paid to some training sessions.

We have at last managed to get our two Shagya Arabs out. Two 'warm-up' training sessions this week at Le Lion D'Angers and Laval Agricultural College. In France all competition results are published on the French National Equine Database. Warm-up is a chance to jump competition fences without performance being registered. Riders can re-jump difficult fences/comibinations if they make mistakes and the trainers can be present in the ring with them.

I don't do photo bucket anymore but if you are on FB I have some still shots on https://www.facebook.com/racerarehorses/.

Our 8 year old mare is in the sheepskin noseband, her full brother, graded stallion is the other horse. Our mare has benefitted from having some winter dressage training with an Olympic Eventer who lives in our village.

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh interesting format to get some practice in. Fell like our training plans have taken a bit of a pause for various reasons, looking forward to the warmer lighter days to get some more riding in!

Rollin

Visit site
Yes, Bernster, it has been a really difficult winter for many of us. We normally turn out for the summer during early March but our grazing is not ready for 24 hour turn-out. We are now retired but I really feel for people who are both working and trying to compete.