Getting rid of horse smell from clothes...

fredflop

Visit site
I end up washing the set of clothes I’ve worn to the yard after each visit. However now I can’t get the horse smell out of my coat, even after washing.

any suggestions how to get rid of the smell would be appreciated? I did wonder about some of the in wash anti bac stuff

cm2581

Visit site
Try some extra laundry detergent. I have this problem when my husband is a bit tight with the laundry liquid! Some detergents are better than others. If using more doesn't help, then try a different brand.

asmp

Visit site
You must be using straw as bedding? If so, use something different! My daughter‘s horse is on straw and mine is on Laysoft and I‘m always complaining she reeks.

PSD

Visit site
This is why I have a completely separate yard wardrobe.

Ditto and I leave my yard coat at the yard! I use the scent boosters in my usual washes and add extra for the yard clothes wash. Softener too and then a dryer sheet in the dryer, they smell amazing every wash!

Amun

Visit site
I had the very same topic here a few days ago and people advised to use laundry disinfectant. So I added calgon to my washing powder and it worked like a charm! Though I will try a different brand as calgon has a very specific strong scent that I don't like.

Amun

Visit site
Why would you bother getting a coat you wear to the stables super clean and fresh when the instant you wear it again to do the horses it’ll be dirty and smell?
Personally I just hate being dirty and I really hate horse smell on myself (now I will be probably banned). to be honest I can't even notice it on the horse, can't smell him at all? it's like he smells nicely and me like a horse! So I'm washing my clothes after every yard visit ?‍?

meleeka

Visit site
Personally I just hate being dirty and I really hate horse smell on myself (now I will be probably banned). to be honest I can't even notice it on the horse, can't smell him at all? it's like he smells nicely and me like a horse! So I'm washing my clothes after every yard visit ?‍?
Do you mean horse smell, or poo/wee smell? I don’t even notice horse anymore, unless I actually sniff them close up, and that’s the best smell in the world imo.

I’d leave the coat at the yard if it bothered me. I’m sure my horses don’t enjoy me smelling of artificial scents either.

Amun

Visit site
Do you mean horse smell, or poo/wee smell? I don’t even notice horse anymore, unless I actually sniff them close up, and that’s the best smell in the world imo.

I’d leave the coat at the yard if it bothered me. I’m sure my horses don’t enjoy me smelling of artificial scents either.
I think it's a lovely mix of both ? yeah I can't smell the horse at all, I can only smell it from my clothes, especially sleeves after grooming. Strange isn't it!

Berpisc

Visit site
Yes you are henceforth banned from these fabled pages!!!! Get thee hence with your wholesome ways and pong free clothes! This is an equine odour place for equine odour clothes....

???

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

I could pong but I think I’m so inured to it I wouldn’t notice ? ? I have a smelly dog too ?. It’s my yard coat that absolutely honks but have a clean coat in the car I swap to if popping into a shop on the way home from the yard. I don’t wash it too much in case it destroys the water-proofing.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

oooh yes, nose buried into the mane and inhale big deep draughts of it :D

I have yard clothes and, um, elsewhere clothes. OH is a farrier and he smells worse than me by the evening so it would be futile for me to try and stay clean and fragrant.

Birker2020

Visit site
I end up washing the set of clothes I’ve worn to the yard after each visit. However now I can’t get the horse smell out of my coat, even after washing.

any suggestions how to get rid of the smell would be appreciated? I did wonder about some of the in wash anti bac stuff
1615383301016.pngThis from Wilko is an amazing spray and really makes your clothes smell nice without being overly strong. Its a really nice laundry smell and masks most horsey smells. I tend to spray it quite heavily on my jods and jumper (I don't often wear coats) and leave it to hang on the radiator overnight to dry.

Berpisc

Visit site
oooh yes, nose buried into the mane and inhale big deep draughts of it :D

I have yard clothes and, um, elsewhere clothes. OH is a farrier and he smells worse than me by the evening so it would be futile for me to try and stay clean and fragrant.
I used to work with cattle and pigs, it was the same as your OH.

indie1282

Visit site
I have seen this question a few times recently. I wear the same leggings and jumper to the yard for pretty much the whole week and muck out 2 straw beds each day. I put them on a 20 min wash at the weekend and they smell clean and fresh!

Amun

Visit site
Yes you are henceforth banned from these fabled pages!!!! Get thee hence with your wholesome ways and pong free clothes! This is an equine odour place for equine odour clothes....

???
I shall take my leave then!! ?
i-dont-overdress-people-underdress-marie-antoinette-classical-art-memes-facebookcomclassicalartmemes-B4XDH.jpg