Getting Started Competing (again)

Sportznight

Visit site
Be nice :) You guys can be scary with the levels that you compete at...

Anyway, apart from the odd County Show in-hand with my youngsters (and even then I had someone else take them in the ring lol), I haven't competed on horse back for what feels like a millennia lol BUT I want to :) But nothing big, just local, unaf stuff - but where the heck do you find these schedules? The Riding Clubs in my area have been extremely snotty when I have enquired, getting snottier when I say I have a Maxi Cob (what they don't know is that the all conquering Matilda (for those of you who know me and the coloured in my avatar) will be my next comp horse and she's a bit special!). Anyway, me and my Maxi Cob should be perfectly capable of producing a decent Elementary test in time (we've both done it before, just not together). I can find showing show schedules relatively easily, but struggle for dressage! Any ideas, suggestions?

ihatework

Visit site
ridingdiary.com
websites of local show centres
websites of PC/RC, most hold open shows
old fashioned schedules in tack shops!

Enjoy :)

KatB

Visit site
Yay! pleased to hear you are getting out again! If you have any show centres close by, their websie will normally have their schedules...

Can we have some Mattilda updates please? :D

Lolo

Visit site
horsedates.co.uk is good for stuff round East Anglia, if that's where you're near! Lots of RCs are holding open shows now to get more people through their doors so maybe go round and try them out? Also, if you're up for training opportunities it's worth finding out who the training co-ordinators from each RC is and phone and ask what's going on and if you can join in for a session to see if you like it.

Good luck- I'm thinking of trying again with competing and it's scaring me!

Sportznight

Visit site
Will try ridingdiary, thanks :) I rarely go to tack shops, as I get my feed in other ways, but will have a gander :) Hmmm local show centres, I don't know any pmsl!! How crap am I LOL

Matilda update, Kat? What would you like to know - she's in the field growing, like a good 3yo should be lol :D Ohhhh I'm guessing you want pics? :rolleyes: :p

Sportznight

Visit site
horsedates.co.uk is good for stuff round East Anglia, if that's where you're near! Lots of RCs are holding open shows now to get more people through their doors so maybe go round and try them out? Also, if you're up for training opportunities it's worth finding out who the training co-ordinators from each RC is and phone and ask what's going on and if you can join in for a session to see if you like it.

Good luck- I'm thinking of trying again with competing and it's scaring me!

Yes, in EA :) And Yes, equally scared lol! Will have a gander at your suggestions - thank you :)

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Matilda being your next competition horse, that's what you think, I plan on stealing her before then :p :D

How dare they be snotty about you and B :mad: Go and beat them senseless... in the competition sense, I'm not condoning violence :p

Thistle

Visit site
Perfect for you and very near by http://www.hpfrc.net/index_files/Page1074.htm

Keysoe, Towerlands, Milton College and Norton Heath would be localish, Milton being nearest. CDRC run a winter dressage series there. You can compete Intro and Prelim at BD without being a member so worth looking at their Milton schedules too. Milton is at A10/A14 junct just north on Cambridge

Last edited:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
We put all our RC schedules in tack shops and feed merchants. Well worth popping in to see what you can find and buy a new diamante browband!

Lolo

Visit site
If you're Norfolk, I'm in Carousel and we pretty much let anyone join in and have a laugh and learn. Standards might not be sky high (although we do well at areas and have lots of dressage classes from intro to medium!) but it's very inclusive. Also like Carlton as it's friendly and on a really nice surface!

Sportznight

Visit site
Perfect for you and very near by http://www.hpfrc.net/index_files/Page1074.htm

Keysoe, Towerlands, Milton College and Norton Heath would be localish, Milton being nearest. CDRC run a winter dressage series there. You can compete Intro and Prelim at BD without being a member so worth looking at their Milton schedules too. Milton is at A10/A14 junct just north on Cambridge

Brilliant :) Thank you :)

Sportznight

Visit site
We put all our RC schedules in tack shops and feed merchants. Well worth popping in to see what you can find and buy a new diamante browband!

LMAO!!! Can you see Tank in a Diamante browband - Matilda perhaps (though she's after having glitter hoof oil atm, she is only 3...)

If you're Norfolk, I'm in Carousel and we pretty much let anyone join in and have a laugh and learn. Standards might not be sky high (although we do well at areas and have lots of dressage classes from intro to medium!) but it's very inclusive. Also like Carlton as it's friendly and on a really nice surface!

Ahhh no, not in Norfolk, South of Cambridge :)

Sportznight

Visit site
Pics! Yes please :D :p

LOL! Will I get shouted at for putting some in here? TFC hates pics (other than new born foals) in breeding, which is where I usually post...

Matilda being your next competition horse, that's what you think, I plan on stealing her before then :p :D

LMAO!! There are plans afoot for her to go to boarding school long term next year... Which will give a bit longer to get my act together lol

How dare they be snotty about you and B :mad: Go and beat them senseless... in the competition sense, I'm not condoning violence :p

Ahhh well, Cobs and Maxi's are not everyone's cup of tea, Tank dinna care though :D