GFS high wither for narrow TB type with muscle wastage - opinions?

gothdolly

Visit site
A friend has leant me her GFS high wither narrow fit, which seems to fit my TB x who has a very prominent spine, muscle wastage and has no topline at all! It seems to fit like a dream.
He had a wintec 500 but as he has aged and lost muscle it doesnt seem to fit at all no matter how much you mess around with pads and changing gullets.

Any opinions on these saddles? What is the quality like and how do they last? I am a saddle numpty, for years my horses were fine in cheapy thorowgood maxams etc.

thanks in advance
smile.gif

Cassandra

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Well I like GFS saddles. However, the best person to ask may be your saddler. I suspect that he will want the horse to be in a saddle with longer panels than the GFS may have...

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We had a GFS Event Pro & it was well made, soft supple leather, comfortable to ride in & horse seemed to go well in it as well. You could do a lot worse than have one.

Shazzababs

Visit site
I've got one of those in my loft that I used to use on my very high withered TB. I loved it, it was the only saddle that ever came close to fitting him and we BE Evented in it.

I'd be keen to sell it if you are interested. Its in pretty good condition, but the leather on the seat has faded. PM me if you are interested and I can take some pictures.

CBFan

Visit site
I have a GFS Pro Event and it is a lovely Saddle.

One word of warning though... not all models of GFS saddles (or any make TBH) have flocked pannels, making them difficult to adjust if and when the horse changes shape... might be worth looking the model up on the net as it could prove costly otherwise..