Gift ideas please.

Capriole

Visit site
Ok, looking for ideas please for a gift for someone I don't strictly 'know', but who has been very good to me through a third party.

She is quite novice, but has regular lessons, and will in the near future be buying a new horse. Her first aged and super saintly horse (who lived with me) died within about a year of her owning her.

So...for a horse? she has a few bits and pieces that will probably transfer over to the new horse (it's likely to be similar in size etc.) but I don't imagine she's got one of everything and a spare that some of us long term owners tend to accumulate, so there's plenty of scope.

Clothing or accessories....I couldn't hazard a guess as to clothes size, so probably not something that is size sensitive. Dark colours like black, blue, navy blue are preferred.

Other horse related gifts?

Budget is about £40-50.

hairycob

Visit site
How about a goody bag with things like mane detangler, nice horsey shampoo etc. Or things like good gloves, nice socks. Good gloves are the sort of thing that I love to have, but wince at the price so would really appreciate as a gift.

_GG_

Visit site
I'll be honest....I love the idea of a goodie bag, but I would also be tempted to just get a voucher for an equine store and right a lovely card explaining that you'd really like her to go and buy something for her and her horse that she really wants but would not normally buy. Lots of the fun of getting a new horse is going and buying all the bits yourself.

I think it's a lovely thing to do OP xx

Capriole

Visit site
Great ideas, but I should have mentioned, new horse will be coming to live with me too so while she will be needing things like a grooming kit, it will be me using them most of the time so I don't want to look like I got me something :D

Am thinking a personalised travel/show rug might be nice though (her name since horse name is unknown obviously).

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Might be a daft idea but how about a set of Christine Pullein-Thompson novels or something similar.

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Would probably not go for a rug, she may end up with a horse a completely different size, so unless you bought it after you knew sizing of horse?

Maybe a gift after she has got the horse? I got a LOVELY name plaque made for my friend - cost me £20 and had her horse's name and a painting of him on it (very very close likeness of her weirdly marked horse!) that she absolutely loved.

Ooh, or a photo shoot with new horsey?

only_me

Visit site
What about a first aid kit? Very handy to have, I have this one
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horseware-E...408742421&sr=8-2&keywords=horse+first+aid+kit

It is very handy, it lives in my trailer for when we are out and about and I just added extras such as a couple of stable bandages, gamgee, nappies, more vet wrap, wound stuff and more dressings (personal preference really) and you could personalise it that way :)

The horseware one is particularly handy as it has quite a bit of space for extra bits and bobs, plus the bag itself is probably worth the money as its very strong :)

Capriole

Visit site
It's her birthday in a week or so, I'd rather have something tangible to give her, although I suppose a voucher for something is tangible. Will have a browse at books.
Rug wise she will be after a horse much like the one she had before so I could make a pretty fair guess at size, not too worried about getting that wrong.