Giraffe fight!

LeneHorse

Visit site
Did anyone see the giraffe fight on the new David Attenborough 'Africa' programme tonight?
Totally awesome, but I couldn't help thinking if my horse had cuts like that I'd get the vet, and probably be given bute and antibiotics, whereas those giraffes just have to go off into the bush and heal themselves.
Another random thought I had when watching the programme was that my horse is more rhino like than giraffe like :)

Mythical

Visit site
Did anyone see the giraffe fight on the new David Attenborough 'Africa' programme tonight?
Totally awesome, but I couldn't help thinking if my horse had cuts like that I'd get the vet, and probably be given bute and antibiotics, whereas those giraffes just have to go off into the bush and heal themselves.
Another random thought I had when watching the programme was that my horse is more rhino like than giraffe like :)

IIRC, horses are related to Rhinos and not to giraffes. I think my horse might have been raised by giraffes though. She certainly does a good impression of one!

Red30563

Visit site
I saw the prog and thought it was all amazing. The filming was just awe-inspiring. The giraffe fight was fascinating - their necks whipping about gave me the creeps a bit though!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I watched it too never knew they fought like that I always imagined they would kick each other those cuts looked sore.
My partners brother runs a safari park and he has been in the giraffe inclosure they were quite friendly and try to lick you with there huge tongue, but they can easily tread on you being so tall they dont see you.

SpruceRI

Visit site
The giraffe fight was awesome and terrifying.

Made me wonder - those horny things they have on their heads, are they horn covered in fur or squishy??
Their faces are certainly boney, and did a lot of damage. I was surprised to see the wounds on the old fellas flank. Thought he'd be bruised but not shredded.