Girth Recommendations please (not Prolite)

Spangles

Visit site
Currntly using a Prolite girth but it seems very stiff now and a bit 'worn'. Looking for a comfort girth with room for elbows (like the Prolite).
To suit Fairfax monoflap jump saddle and Fairfax Dresage saddle.
Thank you

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
There are SO many options, we have another thread running on girths right now on here, but for long girths. I would work out your horse's girth groove placement, belly shape etc, then have a look at e-a-mattes.com and their girth-horse shape advice. They have lovely girths but it will give you more of an idea about whether you need a crescent shape like the Prolite or something else. I think there are, for many horses, much better choices than the Prolite.

Sossigpoker

Visit site
There are SO many options, we have another thread running on girths right now on here, but for long girths. I would work out your horse's girth groove placement, belly shape etc, then have a look at e-a-mattes.com and their girth-horse shape advice. They have lovely girths but it will give you more of an idea about whether you need a crescent shape like the Prolite or something else. I think there are, for many horses, much better choices than the Prolite.
At the time Prolite was the only non elasticated anatomical girth I could find.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
At the time Prolite was the only non elasticated anatomical girth I could find.

No blame at all, they suit some, but they were marketed as a panacea, and they're absolutely not. In fact some horses really shouldn't have that shape of girth, including some with the forward girth groove they're raved about for.