Girth size for 14.2hh

Wheels

Visit site
My God daughter has just got a new pony, 14.2hh 5 yo cob and i want to buy her a girth but not sure of the size.

What size girth do people have on their 14.2hh?

Iwantakitten

Visit site
It will depend on the build of the pony and the length and position of billets. My 14.2 is in a 40" girth for comparison!

molly7886

Visit site
As iwantakitten says it depends a lot on the type of pony!
I'm 5'6 but my waist measurement would be several inches different from Kate Moss!!!

Shay

Visit site
My 13.2 is a 46 and my 14.2 a 40. The former is a dumpy cob the latter a slender appie. Perhaps best to ask Mum to look at her current one and tell you the length.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
As iwantakitten says it depends a lot on the type of pony!
I'm 5'6 but my waist measurement would be several inches different from Kate Moss!!!

Yes it depends on the type of the pony but the OP mentioned the type of the pony and it would seem the people who read that key word came back with pretty much the same answers ;)

Crackerz

Visit site
Totally depends on saddle too... My 13.2hh NF is in a 46" because of my saddle, not because he is fat.

It's kind of a 'how long is a piece of string Q'

I'd somehow get someone to measure the ponies current girth :)

albeg

Visit site
It will depend on the build of the pony and the length and position of billets. My 14.2 is in a 40" girth for comparison!

This. My 14.2 is also in a 40" girth, but needed a longer girth for the borrowed saddle we used when his was with the saddler.
His old 38" girth is now on a friends 12.2 (technically still fit, but was only elasticated on one side which didn't suit his shape and we had a bit of slipping).

Haz:)

Visit site
Can't comment for the particular horse height - but maybe this helps.

I had two girths for my 13.1hh NF X TB- a regular & an extra big one (and a spare really small one from when I got him and he was underweight). The extra big one would do up to the top of the billets - but I had to use it when he had too much grass and was a bit of a fatty.

I now have a 16hh TB who uses that 'extra big pony' girth I used on the 13.1hh. Fits him at the bottom of the billets. So you have a lot of leverage in fit - not saying this will apply to every horse, but if you choose a size within reason and logic then there is a good chance of it fitting. :) if your unsure, just keep the tags on while fitting it and keep the receipt.