Given a horsey photoshoot for Christmas!

LauraBR

Visit site
My best friend gave me an absolutely fantastic present for Christmas- a visit by an equine photographer to take pics of my ned/me and my ned, I can then pick my favourite photos to keep.

Thinking I might wait until the summer to do it? Wondering whether to get ridden ones or ones of us riding...

If you had a photographer coming what would you do?

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Wow!What a fab pressie
smile.gif

I look forward to seeing the resultant piccies.

Bethxx

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
What a lovely present! Lucky you!

I expect the photographer would be happy to do a selection of ridden, stood up and loose shots. Then you'll have loads to choose from.

Have fun but I agree, better to wait until they've got their summer coats, the grass is green and the sun is shining.

LauraBR

Visit site
He's doing well thanks Beth. Had a few weeks off, now riding him pretty much normally without a noseband. Couldn't take him out hacking in company or do pretty much any work in open fields lol but we are coping with flatwork and jumping in arenas really well so far. Have first jumping comp since the accident on Sat so we'll see how it goes, think it might be a fast round
crazy.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Just seen this - I am pleased to see that you are able to ride and school and jump OK.
The photographer gift is super. I, too, would wait until the summer and have a variety of photos taken to choose from. You will show us, won't you?
smile.gif

barkinghorse

Visit site
Wow that sounds great!
But what is even better is to hear how well you are doing with your neddy!
After all you went through last year, with your other horse, it's lovely reading your posts and hearing all the nice things you are doing now.
Keep posting, it makes lovely positive reading!!
Jo

Visit site
wow!
laugh.gif
You're so lucky!
smile.gif
I would get a selection - some head shots, some standing ones, some schooling ones and some jumping ones (if you jump) and a pic of you riding through a field and relaxing on a sunny day would be nice too!

LauraBR

Visit site
Aw, thanks Jo. I'm having a great time with him, we have our sticky moments but compared to Fal he is an absolute joy to own, really looking forward to 2007 with him
grin.gif

The friend who bought me the photo present is the friend I go out competing with, she has seen how far Sam and I have come and been so supportive every step of the way which I think is kind of linked in with the pressie, very special
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
No, I don't. Last I heard the people who bought him had got the mounting and bucking back under control but he was still completely numb to the mouth.

TBH I think I kind of decided not to take an active interest in his future home/s. That might sound awful but I did my best to find the best home for him (as in someone to turn him round and give him a future) so my job is done. Interested to hear updates from people but don't go asking for info.

Theresa_F

Visit site
You could go the whole hog like I have just done - had a lifesize pic of Cairo's head put onto canvas for my OH - it is 40" x 36" takes up a wall but OH adores it especially on days he can't get to the stables.