Glandular ulcer supplements

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Hi all,

The cute little foal in striped wellies in my avatar has grown up to be a very stressy horses who 3 years ago was diagnosed with almost glandular ulcers. They weren't bad enough to be classed as proper ones or graded but she was treated with injections anyway. She's not been ridden since and now needs bringing back into work so wondering if anyone has had any success with suppliments for glandular ulcers? Horse fed small amount of healthy hooves and a powder balancer ATM

Frumpoon

Visit site
Do they heal up and go away on their own with correct management?

I always thought that they did but it seems I might be mistaken.....

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Mine needed gastrogard and sucralfate to heal glandular ulcers, the squamous ones are the ones that heal easily but the glandular ones can be stubborn.

Mine was already on the top specification feedmark supp when she got them ? I've carried on with that and hoped for the best ?

bubsqueaks

Visit site
After over a years treatment for Grade 2/3 Glandular ulcers with all the recommended meds ours hadnt gone.
So we turned him away for 18 months.
Rescoped & gone.
Even the Vets dont know what causes Glandular Ulcers - I dont think supplements particularly help as somebody has said their very stubborn - mother nature cured ours.
Good luck.

bubsqueaks

Visit site
Shes been turned away for nearly 3 years and was scooped clear before then so theoretically she shouldn't have any at the min ? Just trying to preempt any problems

After our 18 months turn away when we were bringing him back into work over the course of a year I didnt use any supplements just made sure I strictly followed the forage at all times & feed before you ride - we were pretty sure the ulcers were caused by the sale/travel over from Ireland & he had spectacular signs of acrobatics - if the meds cant clear them up I dont believe any supplement would help as glandular ulcers are in the bottom of the stomach where acid is at most times, therefore, what good is a supplement? Just my opinion after a very long 4 year Saga!