Gloves - are they all destined to fall apart?!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Can anyone recommend a pair of gloves for everyday riding which do not disintegrate afte only a month of use? I seem to have tried all brands, both expensive and cheap and they are always in shreds after a month of use. It's costing me a fortune!
crazy.gif

I can't ride without gloves, so if anyone has the magic solution, please let me know!

Bossanova

Visit site
Roeckl ones are the toughest I've found- theyve survived Boss xc rounds for a year now and thats no mean feat
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
I brought some that look like old driving gloves from a saddlery - they're really thin and Ty is intrigued by them.

Found out why last night - I looked inside and they're made of pigskin.....not great when you don't eat meat....

At £5 they are a bargain though....I'll see if I can find a pic.

miller

Visit site
Second Roeckl or SSG - mine last approx 1 year till my nails go through them.

I really like the Roeckl pastel coloured ones with the sort of white lacing on the back and white palms (ok so they don't stay white for long but they wash well)

My competition ones are the Good Hands ones and they seem to be wearing ok but not competing much at the moment

lizzie_liz

Visit site
i have a pair of Ariat gloves which i use twice a day and are doing well so far, but only had them for about 2 or 3 months

flyingfeet

Visit site
I use Shires neoprene & leather pro grip Gloves - they last a full season easily. However are a tad hot in this weather

Still look at it this way - you are all bad consumers if you expect gloves to last over a year.

Not as bad as people expecting bridles to have a 20 year life and then wonder why the local saddler went out of business

Now get shopping!
grin.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Ive never had too much luck with gloves, both my roeckl pairs split and went holey within a short time, and my SEG's pair were so slippery that i just couldn't use them in the end. I bought a couple of pairs of riding gloves from Lidl recently and i have to say they are the best gloves i have ever had. They have had plenty of hammer so far this season and are as good as the day i bought them. I will be first in the queue when they have some more in!!