going affiliated

emiliaa

Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if I could get a couple of opinions on whether you think it’s worth going affiliated if you only compete 80-1.05 I went to a show which was really unprofessionally run yesterday and made me wonder what the benefits are of going affiliated. Thank you X

Shay

Visit site
It depends on where you are and what your local facilities look like. Where we are there are quite a few affiliated venues which also run unaffiliated shows and the standard is just the same. Having been BS affiliated all the way through Juniors DD now adult is now far less interested in competing so there is no point doing the Bronze / Silver / gold thing and club is too low.

If your local affiliated centers don't run unaffiliated shows it really depends on what you want from your ridden experience. If you want to gain points or seek to qualify for multi day national shows then it is worth it (although there are two major unaffiliated series leading to national finals - one in Wales and the other at Hickstead) Ask yourself how often you compete and whether the additional expense is really worth it. You can go to some affiliated shows on a day ticket to feel out the atmosphere and the competitive standard.

Annagain

Visit site
For me, personally, the answer is no - I have none of the time, money, talent or inclination to do any more than the local riding club stuff I do now. The only exception these days would be BE simply as there are so few unaffiliated ODEs in my area (even the closest BE is an hour away). I would do them on a ticket though as would only do 2 or 3 max a year. I do agree though they tend to be better run unless the venue is organising directly and are particularly experienced. If you think you'd make enough use of it, there are plenty of options at those heights.