going showing tomorrow

blood_magik

Visit site
any last minute tips or advice? :)

I've sewn in my plaits and popped a snuggy hood on in the hope that the plaits will stay in overnight and won't need redone in the morning.
horses are washed and shiny and all I've got to do now is clean my bridles and boots :)

mturnbull

Visit site
Baby wipes! They are a last minute MUST :) where are you off too? Im also away taking the yearling out tomorrow so hopefully she stays clean overnight as its an early start for us :-(

blood_magik

Visit site
I'm taking two of the boys to Ingliston for the morning.
where are you off to? :)

I'm limited to what we can do with Jerry so I thought I'd take him in-hand and see how he gets on. I'm not expecting him to do very well as he's got a scabby back leg at the moment, a few bumps on his legs and is overly hairy :eek:

baby wipes have been added to the list :)
good luck with your yearling

italylyns

Visit site
How did you get on???

I have my first in hand show tomorrow and like you i am plaiting later and have bought a snuggy hood in the hope of keeping the plaits in place. Did it work????

blood_magik

Visit site
it did!
it made my plaits sit nicer :)

Timberland came 5th in the in-hand riding horse/hack and 6th in the in-hand sports horse, which was lovey :D
I've got beautiful rosettes to go with the one Jerry won there two years ago.

Jerry didn't place but he behaved impeccably so I'm pleased with him :)
the judge was surprised by how well he looked for his age, which was nice.

Hoping to have some pictures soon :)

mturnbull

Visit site
ooooh scary I was at ingilston today! I too did the in hand classes, was running late so missed class 2 (in hand riding horse/hack 3 and under) which we were supposed to be in but the lovely lady at the gate put me in class 6 (in hand riding horse/hack any age) and we got 4th, I must have been standing beside you?! I did class 4 (in hand sport horse 3yrs and under) and we got 6th out of a huge class! I had the coloured (although shes mainly bay) yearling filly :)

blood_magik

Visit site
ah you were in the same class as one of my boys! and you must have been next to him :D
he was the bay with the tiny star who decided to trot like a giraffe :p

I wasn't the handler though, a friend took him in that class because I had my ginger boy in class 5 and they both did class 8.

well done on your placings :)

mturnbull

Visit site
Did he have a happy mouth snaffle in? Did you have your ginger boy in a ridden in the outside ring in the afternoon? What a small world! Thanks shes a wee star :)