Going to the vets today, some vibes would be appreciated

be positive

Visit site
Taking my boy to the vets, he has now been, at long last, diagnosed with a sacroiliac problem he will be scanned to see the full extent of the damage then probably have steroids and local injected, the prognosis is not great as it is now a chronic condition. All of last year I knew he was not right following treatment for an injury, I was told numerous times that he was doing well considering and that he required time and work to get the muscles built up and that he may remain mechanically unlevel, I turned him away after months of daily riding doing his rehab by the book with little improvement and several set backs, he came back in just as lame so I changed vet getting an immediate diagnosis, at last we know what we are dealing with, I just hope it is not too late.

He would appreciate any vibes coming his way, he had a traumatic time at hospital, different one, last time, this time I will be there with him, I hope the treatment will allow him to be comfortable so we can start rehab all over again, he deserves it for being so stoic for the past 18 months.

Houndman

Visit site
You've just got to take what comes. Get advice from the vet and speak to others who have a lot of experience with horses.

be positive

Visit site
Thanks for all the vibes, prognosis much the same, at least nothing was found to make it worse, possibly he will be able to be a hack, anything else unlikely but we shall give him all he requires to at least let him have a comfortable future, rehab and physio to start and see how he goes.
I have had advice from a few helpful posters on here with several suggestions which will be followed up when appropriate, possibly getting a holistic vet to do acupuncture.
He is now in his box for a few days, I think in this heat he will not be complaining, the walking starts next week.