Golden Cross Unaff SJ report!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Went to GX with Destiny today for her first show with us and probably her first show ever. We weren't sure what she'd be like but she was a star!
laugh.gif
She loaded and travelled fine and was so well behaved when we got there. She warmed up really well, not strong or excited at all and jumped the practise fences well.
smile.gif

First I took her in the 1ft clear round, it was tiny (as in bottom hole cross poles!) but perfect for her first time, I let her trot into a few fences and to my suprise she went straight over everything and went clear!
grin.gif
Then my mum's friend's daughter who has D on part loan took her in and also went clear!
grin.gif

The first class was 1ft but I decided to do the 1'9'' instead. There were only 5 in the class and we were first to go, I kept her in canter this time and she jumped a lovely clear round.
grin.gif
There were 4 clears and we were drawn last in the jump off, 2 of the others went clear and one had a pole down. We went in and she jumped another clear, she was quite quick we came second 2nd.
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm so chuffed with her, she was fantastic and didn't put a foot wrong. Will probably do a 2ft/2'3'' next time out and see what she thinks of the fillers. She has such a huge jump, I think she'll make someone a cracking pony and hopefully we can make some pennies on her when we sell her (probably not until next year because I secretly love her even if I am way too big for her!
wink.gif
)
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif