good and bad day, and show ideas?

serena2005

Visit site
sorry in for a bit of a moan....

had an inhouse show today, just a little jumping one. I started these to encourage the younger ones to start jumping with the more advance girls so to become more of a group, and so everyone could enjoy their selves on their horses for once instead of being so serious!

the first few were a sucess, but today... the minimus was tiny, the novice was resonable and the open was HUGE! usually everyone jumps every class and finishes on a smile and because i forgot my tape measure, the girl who thinks she is the best show jumper on the yard was putting every jump up to 95cms, the height wasnt a problem but not every fence every to be that height.

so all the young girls got put off and didnt jump and felt a bit pushed out, so i was really annoyed, as once again the 'group' was split.

and on a good note, this was the first little show my boy has done and he was brilliant! no run outs! he jumped cones, oxers and spreads! every when he fluffed his stride she still tried 100% he was so honest, im chuffed with him!

not sure we are quite ready for a proper show and the turns wernt very good!!
crazy.gif

and with the show ideas.... any ideas for another one to please everyone? maybe not to please everyone to to make everyone have a good time.

sorry about going on... well done for finishing!lol
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Your idea for drawing everone together is good, it's being spoiled really by one person. It may be good to have a chat with her about it, keep it light. Explain that at shows a 90cm class is set up so that no jump exceeds 90cm ie some of them are below that height. Hopefully she will realise what you are saying & won't spoil it for some of the younger or less experienced riders.

As for your horse, why not take him to a small show, he's got to go sometime. Just go & enjoy yourself, it is good to take them off the yard & let them get used to the bustle of a showground. Good luck