Good Beaches to go for a ride :)

In The Real World

Visit site
Hello Everyone

I have a goal (which ive trying to do for a few yrs) I want to go to a horse friendly beach somewhere ideally North West England with my gelding and have a play :)

Hopefully my friend will come too -but im not sure where to go?:eek:

Has anyone got any recomendations? :D

Thanks

Sarah

overtherainbow

Visit site
i'm sure i used to ride on southport when i was little- massively long so you could truely have a good gallop, and nice and empty on days when the weather isnt so great! You would want to check this though... Certainly it was near liverpool-ish

Brandy

Visit site
Agree, Holkham is absolutely fabulous!! No idea for your area though sorry.
If you are able to have a few days away, there are horse friendly B & B and camping around Holkham, well worth a holiday!

noblesteed

Visit site
I heard you can ride on Southport - massive beach too, would LOVE to ride there. I used to stay at the Pontins there and the beach there, just outside Southport looked amazing.

I am North East, loads of fab beaches here!

dollymix

Visit site
I've been to Aisdale beach (near Southport) loads of times! it is a nice beach with designated areas for riders. I believe there is now a permit scheme in place, although we have been been challenged for one and i think I'd just act stupid if anyone ever did!

However, just before Christmas, a friend took me to South Shore at Blackpool and that was awesome!! A little surreal to be galloping towards Blackpool Tower and the Pleasure beach, but the sand was much more consistent that at Ainsdale, which can be muddy and prone to getting deep very suddenly with no reason!!

jeni

Visit site
i live in Blackpool,and the beach is fantastic to ride on. You can ride on it any time of year, but in the summer, you cant ride between the south and north pier.If you stay below the south pier, you can go when you want.

dollymix

Visit site
P.S - these are from Southport - sadly I didn't get any from Blackpool!
beach4.jpg

beach3.jpg

beach7.jpg

beach5.jpg

abbijay

Visit site
Ainsdale gets another vote from me! Miles of flat sand to gallop your heart out. Just beware that parking can be tricky on a glorious summers day.
For a totally different one I've regularly been to Silecroft in Cumbria. It has the most spectacular views into the lakes and is very quiet, it's just bl**dy miles from the motorway. It's so beautiful that my husband proposed to me there :)

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I live in the south so can't help with beaches but just wanted to say do it. :D Go beach riding you'll love it. Just after Lucy was diagnosed with her illness I was sat thinking about if there was anything I would regret about the years we had together and the only thing was I had for 12 years been putting off taking her to the beach. Well it was a now or never situation and in Feb 2010 I forfilled my ambition of taking her to the beach. It was -3 and the sand was frozen but it didn't matter. We had a fantastic morning. Memorys I'll always treasure. Sadly I didn't get the chance to take her when it got warmer but we went once and it was amazing.
Go, have fun, Just don't forget your camera and remember to post pics on here :D :D :D
P1310144.jpg

P1310139.jpg

P1310155.jpg