Good bye Blue (sleep tight little girl)

CAYLA

Visit site
More for remembrance, I lost my little blue whippet on saturday:( she went out in a blaze of glory (causing only me) heartache and stress.
One minute she was chasing her ball the next she was gone (confused at first), as she never leaves us unless retrieving her ball and unfortunately in the long grass (so of course I was my usual panick stricken self) had a search party of 6 there within minutes and we scoured the grass (it's actually suprising how you can lose a little dog in long grass this way)............after 1 hour of searching, I found her (she looked like she was asleep) Im guessing mass heart attack and probably dead before she hit the ground (literally right where we entered the field).
I did start to think did she run away (but really was not possible as she never left us) and we never saw her dissapear/go down, she runs so far and so fast for the ball. i new in my heart she was gone:(

To Blue, (you never should have stayed) but you did and im so gald you did as you made us laugh almost every day we shared with your little temper and your cheeky ways and your daily exercise routine:D and the way you made everyone adore you (because they never knew your where a little git):D you lived life to the full and lived it at 90 miles an hour (literally) running so fast you even broke your jaw when you could not stop yourself and fractured a few ribs clattering into the bigger dogs at high speed (it never slowed you down) and nor did I wrap you in cotton wool and you had a blast right to the very end. You where a pleasure to own and you are and will always be a HUGE miss in this pack thats for sure (sleep tight) little girl, I still look for you and have to remind myself you are now fast asleep:( xxxxx

Your elder years never slowed you down little girl (and im so grateful in the way you where taken although still so sad). x

2011-12-01232701.jpg

2011-09-25_18-25-56_429.jpg

054.jpg

Last edited:

Mogg

Visit site
so very sorry for your loss, must have been a terrible shock but it sounds like she had a wonderful time with you and died doing what she loved. Lovely pics too

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
So sorry to hear this Cayla - but don't be too sad, she lived a great life with you - you may have found her sleeping, but I bet she is still running, not too far away xxx

CAYLA

Visit site
Thanks guys, i was not going to do a post as they tend to upset you more but then thought its a good way to look back and share her mad little life (I will never get another little whippet like her that for sure):D

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Oh Cayla I am so sorry to hear this, what a lucky girl to have you in her life and you in hers. Its always heartbreaking to lose a pet so quickly but it must be a great comfort to you to know she was doing what she loved and wouldnt have known what was happening.

You must have got yourself in a right state searching for her and the shock of finding her, those photos are gorgeous and are a fitting tribute to her. xxx

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
So sorry for you but what a girl to go out like that!! I hope mine go like that when old, doing what they love. RIP, Blue.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Cayla, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. When they are taken from us suddenly, it's some time before we can be grateful that the parting was swift. Not that it's happened to me often, but when it has, it's the inability to say goodbye that seems to hurt.

Sleep well Blue.

a.

Mosh

Visit site
This is what happened to my Scoobs, came racing in and he was gone. Its a small comfort that they went knowing nothing about it and doing what they loved.

She had such a happy life, if only all dogs could be so happy and loved.

Hugs to you Cayla and RIP Blue.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
RIP Blue -- what a way to go. We should all be so lucky to lose our best friends this way - while they're doing things they love doing.

Luci07

Visit site
So very sorry for your loss and the ensuing heartache...but what a life you gave that little dog and what a blaze of glory she had in the end.

littlemisslauren

Visit site
Oh no :( So sorry for you and A , you know where I am if you need a natter.

She went doing what she loved, her last thoughts will have been of the ball that she loved.

RIP little blue xxx

Toffee44

Visit site
Massive hugs Cayla.

I think that's the perfect way to go for any dog living life in the fast lane bet her last thoughts with the wind up her nose were ball ball BALL!!!

Sleep tight Blue hope there are endless fields and balls to chase up there for you! X

BBH

Visit site
What a lovely tribute.

She went the best way possible doing something she loved. Lets hope all our dogs are as lucky when the time comes. X