Good Day!

EventingMum

Visit site
My boy has been on box rest since the beginning of July with a little walking in hand each day introduced in November as he damaged one check ligament initially and then shortly after did the other one. He is a bit of a prat in the field and with his best mate is always on his hind legs or contorting himself in some way so we think this is what caused the initial injury. He has, however been an absolute saint during this imposed rest. He had his check up last week and although still slightly lame his ultrasound scans showed an significant improvement so it was decided he can be turned out in a small paddock :D

So today was T (as in turnout) Day and with bated breath, a liberal dose of Sedalin and a very calm babysitter out he went! I'm delighted he was very well behaved with no silly antics. We'll reduce the Sedalin over the next few days and hopefully he'll stay sane. He gets checked out again in 3 - 4 months and perhaps he'll be able start exercise under saddle then. I can't tell you how relieved I was all went well today :D

And here's the proof showing what a clever boy he was:

truffs_zpsopzjd9rj.jpg