Good dentist required in North West / Greater Manchester????

Louby

Visit site
I'd use your vet, we had a respected dentist, (cant remember his name though, its a few years ago!!) to do the full yard but he only did the fronts. (didnt use a gag) Only came to light when soon after one pony had teeth problems that were picked up by the vet, subsequantly every one over the next few months called there vet and each horse needed re doing.

Iestyn

Visit site
Craig Griffiths or Ivan Stockdale - but both have very long waiting lists unless you're very, very lucky to get a cancellation.

Shrimp

Visit site
We have Iavn Stockdale though we go to him through Leahurst and we have to go to the equine unit there but it is easier than trying to get him ourselves. I think he goes there either once a week or once every other week i think.

Iestyn

Visit site
We were initially recommended Ivan Stockdale but we needed one asap and he was fully booked - it was him that recommended Craig Griffiths to us and we've been extremely pleased. Definitely recommended.

Patches

Visit site
I got recommended Craig Griffiths when I called Ivan Stockdale but was told when I called that he too had a long waiting list.

I went with one recommended by a friend, Eric Cleary. He's been to mine three times now in total. Absolutely fabulous, can't recommend him highly enough. He's very thorough and isn't one of these dentists/vets that has "short arms" meaning they only do the front teeth. He does a chart of the horses teeth to illustrate what he's done to them, anything he recommends for future treatments etc. Always lets you have a feel both before and after he's removed hooks and edges so that you can actually see what he's done.

He will travel all over the country and usually can fit you in quite quickly. When I called he got us in just 8 days later.

calon

Visit site
hi i wouldnt use anyone except marc edmonds what a super bloke and has a real empathey with horses does a super job

_jetset_

Visit site
I am just starting to use someone called Robin Harding as my previous one was not BEVA or BEDTA registered which is slightly worrying! In fact, someone on here uses my old one...

Robin is in Cheshire but is coming to me on 22nd August...Go on BEVA and BEDTA websites and you'll find all the registered ones. Sally Kingsley comes up to the NW if there are a few on the yard being done, and she is very very good! (you might remember her from Vets in Practice)