Good livery yard in West London?

Tilly-123

New User
Visit site
Hi!
I live in Hammersmith London and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for good livery yards near me? Preferably my travel time would be 30mins by car but I would be willing to travel 45mins or a little longer in evening traffic. My current yard has good facilities (except for a tiny indoor arena) but unfortunately the hacking options are quite limited especially if you want to go for a longer hack. I'm looking for somewhere that has a decent sized outdoor arena and preferably a good indoor arena, hacking availability preferably off-road, daily turnout and good instructors. I know that in London this is near to impossible to find but if anyone has any ideas or something that at least partially matches my description I would be incredibly grateful if you could let me know!
Thanks!
Tilly :)

Littlebear

Visit site
Hi!
I live in Hammersmith London and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for good livery yards near me? Preferably my travel time would be 30mins by car but I would be willing to travel 45mins or a little longer in evening traffic. My current yard has good facilities (except for a tiny indoor arena) but unfortunately the hacking options are quite limited especially if you want to go for a longer hack. I'm looking for somewhere that has a decent sized outdoor arena and preferably a good indoor arena, hacking availability preferably off-road, daily turnout and good instructors. I know that in London this is near to impossible to find but if anyone has any ideas or something that at least partially matches my description I would be incredibly grateful if you could let me know!
Thanks!

Lee Valley would be within that driving distance i think?

Tilly-123

New User
Visit site
Lee Valley looks lovely but unfortunately because I live more in West London the drive through London to get to Lee Valley would take me over an hour. Thanks so much for the suggestions though!

Skib

sites.google.com
You may be asking for the impossible.
If you have the budget, there are some excellent livery yards close to SW London but none of them known to me has an indoor arena. Some lack turn out and an outdoor arena too.
There is plenty further down the A3 from Chessington outwards, and Bookham Equestrian centre fits your description. However Hammersmith Bridge is currently closed so you wont be able to reach the A3 in the evening rush hour to meet your time limits.
As for Lee Valley - it can take a couple of hours to drive from SW London to Lee Valley. My grandchildren live up there and rode there.

chaps89

Visit site
As above, GBEC has all you want (2 outdoors, 1, small, indoor) all year turnout (though sometimes only half day in winter) and good hacking. Not exactly close though, nor terribly cheap.
You can go out towards Bucks or Surrey from Hammersmith but within 30-45 mins you'll be pushing it - Epsom and Chessington areas might be your best bet.
Ask on Surrey horse and pony or look on *******.

AML

Visit site
If you're willing to travel an hour along the M4, I know one that has a large indoor, outdoor and good hacking.
PM me if of any interest.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I used to merrily hack my horse in Central London. What about Mill Hill North London there is Mote End Farm London NW7 4HH with plenty of off road hacking (250 Acres) (an amazing cross-country course) and two lovely outdoor arenas. www.moteendfarm.co.uk It really is a lovely yard to keep a horse at. I loved it there and only moved away because I relocated.

Attachments

• Ride For Life.003.jpg
    Ride For Life.003.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 25
  • Ride For Life.004.jpg
    Ride For Life.004.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 24

chaps89

Visit site
I think you'll find a lot of yards between chalfont and maidenhead are now sold for development :(
I've got a list of a few that might be worth a try for OP but none with an indoor school, although does depend what kind of livery they're after - I've only looked at yards that offer assisted DIY, maybe some of the posher yards would have them.

Mill Hill will be a vile journey from Hammersmith - I used to do Barnet to Brentford quite regularly so similar sort of route and never again.

Littlebear

Visit site
Apart from Lee Valley being completely the wrong direction, hacking is pretty limited.
Ah ok that’s a shame I hacked with a friend from there a few times it seemed nice going down where the boats are and had a few canters but don’t know it well enough to know exactly how far the hacking goes x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi!
Thanks!
I used to live in Hammersmith right by the bridge, and I travelled up to Wexham near Black Park every day and I was on DIY, 30 mins by car up M 4.

Tilly-123

New User
Visit site
I used to live in Hammersmith right by the bridge, and I travelled up to Wexham near Black Park every day and I was on DIY, 30 mins by car up M 4.
I think that is probably the best direction from where I live. I've just had a look on google maps and saw Snowball Farm which looks lovely and I also saw Boundary Park Equestrian Centre but couldn't find much online about it. Do you know if either of them are any good or could you recommend some other yards in that area? Thanks!

SO1

Visit site
I am at Priory Farm Langley and it has most of the things you want and would probably be within your reach but it does not have an indoor school. I work in London and ride in the evenings after work and the flood lit arena has always been fine, it does not freeze in the winter but I don't mind riding in the rain and the wind. At the moment I am normally the only person riding in the evenings after work so get the big school to myself lucky me. Weekends I try and hack out if possible.

Snowball is a very active riding school so big and busy, lots of competitions on site so if you like competing and want lessons that you can join in with then that would be great.

I expect anything with an indoor school will be quite busy and big with lots of horses to be able to afford to have one.

If you want good hacking Hornbuckle which is near Windsor is meant to be good but it might be a bit far for you, and again no indoor school.

hobo

Visit site
Just to say I used to live at Hornbuckle farm when it was a pig farm. When I went for the job interview I said I had two ponies he said I could not bring them , so I told him I did not want the job he changed his mind lol. It makes me smile that his daughter (I think) now runs it as a horse yard.

OP Hope you find something suitable.

Bea_millard

Visit site
I’ve heAre stag lodge now do livery at their bigger yard. This is further towards Kingston way though so not sure if it’s of any use

Wonderlander

Visit site
I've recently reasearched and visit many yards, but more North London and Herts boarder. That suit your criteria would be London Equestrian Centre - Mill Hill which is c. £800 p/m full livery. Edgeware Bury farm - Edgeware. Full range of services and it is stunning! Stanmore riding school, no indoor but lovely outdoor and onsite instructors, but boxes are a little small. Hertfordshire way I recommended Little Munden Equestrian, Hill Farm and Courses Farm.

Good luck and let us know what you find!