Good morning :)

Kate P

New User
Visit site
Hello

My Name's Kate. I'm a lover of horses and am always trying to expand my knowledge so that they can get the best care possible. I have quite old fashioned views but really enjoy the amazing technologies that are available now, although I dip my toe tentatively into that side of things. I have been involved with horses in some capacity from the age of 9 when I started riding at our local school, helping out and such after my lessons, I then had my first horse, a Welsh sec c when I was 14. I went on to study for a year at Hindlip college of agriculture under Jill Adams, and had my work placement there. I then took a long break, but retrained taking my Nqv levels 1&2 in horsecare and riding to refresh my skills. I bought my young daughter an old show pony in 2010 who taught us ALOT about the older temprement and associations, as well as how to sit a buck continuously down the long side of the arena!!!!! That little beauty was put to sleep in September of 2014 due to arthritis in the front knees, and our hearts are broken. We now have however, a very willing 5 year old gelding, who has captured my daughters heart. Most of my questions for the moment will be about helping this young chap along in his life. Nice to meet you all, and happy times :) Kate