Good News Woody is now home.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Glad to report Woody is now home.Well done to everyone whose efforts saved him from a horrible fate. Hope the woman who sold him to potters is caught and severely punished.Hes now back home in cimla.

Luci07

Visit site
I thought that the rescue had sold him to said person for £1? Please do NOT think I am in way supporting her (the woman who sold Woody to Potters) and what she has done on the forum before but if the horse HAD been sold as a companion then this is a sobering lesson to all of us.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I thought that the rescue had sold him to said person for £1? Please do NOT think I am in way supporting her (the woman who sold Woody to Potters) and what she has done on the forum before but if the horse HAD been sold as a companion then this is a sobering lesson to all of us.

from what I was told, is that she loaned the horse as a companion from a trekking centre.
I really hope and pray this woman who did this gets what she deserves.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
One day she will cross the wrong person, I am a true believer in fate and will await that day!!

Sorry, I don't know the story but happy you have your boy home safe, I have a Woody too.

He doesnt belong to me.He belongs to a trekking centre not far from here.
I hope she meets the wrong person too.Surely the police will do something.Im sure his owners would of reported her to the police??????

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Jeez - is she STILL at it? I'd have thought someone would have shut her up good and proper, by now. That's awful - and pretty incredible he wasn't just shot, no questions asked.

Great news about Woody! :) lets hope someone stops this awful woman..I wonder if she could be pursued for obtaining monies by deception...just a thought!

It EVERYONE BEWARE of his horrible cow.I cant believe someone hasnt caught her at it. I have heard she's from NEWPORT but not sure where she actually lives. Just hope its not around here. Its all around the area what she's done,EVEN in my daughter comprehensive school (in same area as the trekking centre). A woman (shes got horses) who works in the council told me this womans name and told me to tell everyone.I REALLY hope she is STOPPED.Apparently she does this to pay for her own horses keep.(so Ive heard????)
Yes sI expect she could be had for gaining monies by deception. Hope the owners are persuing this matter with the police.

Last edited:

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Before everyone goes in all guns blazing are you sure it was Ted's Mum who was the person who sold Woody to Potters?

Is she from Wales ???? I have heard shes from Newport,no idea on who she was on here.I only have a name to warn people..Just need to watch what we say on here,just in case.

Newport is in Wales - Gwent.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Newport is in Wales - Gwent.

Thats the one.Been told to put the word around about her antics.Hope she gets caught.On preloved there are a few horses for loan,ones 21. I have emailed the woman to warn her,only gave the first name and that shes from Newport. I wanted her to be aware as Id hate for her horse to have the same fate.Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Luci07

Visit site
Sadly its pretty unlikely the police will do anything. If you ever read through the threads of people struggling to get their horses back that have been sold on loan, you will know that the police tend to back off - as it very often comes down to 1 persons word against anothers. There is also no legal documentation to prove who a horse belongs to. If, like me, you blissfully assumed your passport was such a document, you are sadly wrong.

All this wretched woman would need to say is that she owned said horse, or take it lieu of a debt, or had been given it.

It would appear the only way to make some effort towards safeguarding a horse out on loan is to register this with NED, register it as on loan with the passport - and while the legal bods have said it probably would not stand upto legal scrutiny, a firm contract stipuling the horse is on loan and cannot be sold.

I did ask what the legal ramifications were of having a list of names which you could check potential loaners against - say if someone like MHOL was holding it but realistically, I could see that probably wouldn't help address much of the issue and would open a lot of legal issues.

If you look at FB, there is a page - in memory of Millie. Ignore some of the more hysterical postings on it, but the fact remains that this horse died in apalling conditions whilst on loan - and safeguarded and the young girl (15) who did this is STILL taking horses on! and blaming everyone else for the state that Millie got into (the before and after pictures are heartbreaking)

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Sadly its pretty unlikely the police will do anything. If you ever read through the threads of people struggling to get their horses back that have been sold on loan, you will know that the police tend to back off - as it very often comes down to 1 persons word against anothers. There is also no legal documentation to prove who a horse belongs to. If, like me, you blissfully assumed your passport was such a document, you are sadly wrong.

All this wretched woman would need to say is that she owned said horse, or take it lieu of a debt, or had been given it.

It would appear the only way to make some effort towards safeguarding a horse out on loan is to register this with NED, register it as on loan with the passport - and while the legal bods have said it probably would not stand upto legal scrutiny, a firm contract stipuling the horse is on loan and cannot be sold.

I did ask what the legal ramifications were of having a list of names which you could check potential loaners against - say if someone like MHOL was holding it but realistically, I could see that probably wouldn't help address much of the issue and would open a lot of legal issues.

If you look at FB, there is a page - in memory of Millie. Ignore some of the more hysterical postings on it, but the fact remains that this horse died in apalling conditions whilst on loan - and safeguarded and the young girl (15) who did this is STILL taking horses on! and blaming everyone else for the state that Millie got into (the before and after pictures are heartbreaking)

Woody belongs to a trekking centre.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Thats the one.Been told to put the word around about her antics.Hope she gets caught.On preloved there are a few horses for loan,ones 21. I have emailed the woman to warn her, only gave the first name and that shes from Newport. I wanted her to be aware as Id hate for her horse to have the same fate.Better safe than sorry.

That was an excellent move :) Think I might do that myself, and link to this forum.

Luci07

Visit site
Woody belongs to a trekking centre.

Not debating that or questioning it, just saying the law is ridiculous because we keep seeing police walking away saying "its a civil matter", and "its your word against theirs".

In this case, as the owners found out and acted so swiftly, they stopped what has happened to a lot of other horses. If you scroll back a bit you will find a simliar story with an aged mare. Sadly, in her case, the owners only found out she had been sent to slaughter after the event.

buddy's mummy

Visit site
from what I was told, is that she loaned the horse as a companion from a trekking centre.
I really hope and pray this woman who did this gets what she deserves.

the horse was sold to her for £1 and she then sold to someone else who sent horse to dealer...it went nowhere near potters.