Good night. God Bless Sophie.

mattilda

Visit site
Sophie was pts at 1am. She did seem to improve for a while but then took a turn for the worse. I didn't think I would be as upset as I am as she was dumped on us years ago and was just one of the herd. I will miss the awkward old bugger. She didn't ask for much and was by far the cleanest easiest horse on the yard to do. The boys will miss her tomorrow. She is running with her old boyfirends now. Sleep well sweetheart, I'm going to miss you. J x

Rose Folly

Visit site
I'd been wondering how things were going and am so very sorry at the outcome. But you have done the right thing and she is out of pain, poor girl. I'm glad in a way it didn't drag on though the night. You say she was dumped on you. What a lucky mare to find you and have a long, safe life. R.I.P. Sophie

mattilda

Visit site
Thanks RF. She had a lovely owner before, it's not that she had a bad life but she just kind of stayed and her owner kind of didn't!! As for doing the right thing, well I couldn't leave her any longer. We tried for 10 hours and she had had enough. I stayed with her til the end and she just had no fight left in her and very quietly went to sleep with her head in my lap. Jx

Bearsmum

Visit site
So sorry to read this, it's still hard even when they have reached a good age. You did your very best for her.

Hugs to you.

JDx