Good or not?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Sealine

Visit site
A know a nervous rider who used these in an attempt to resolve issues in canter. Because she was nervous she would grip up and her lower leg would swing up and back and her upper body would tip forward. Feeling unbalanced she would then 'put the handbrake on' and the horse would drop back to trot. I'm not sure the straps ever resolved the problem to be honest. In this particular case a new instructor has resolved the problem by making her canter in a two-point seat and pushing her weight down into her heels.

smolmaus

Visit site
But velcro will be a brand name won't it. When I buy it online for sewing projects it's sold as "hook and loop tape". I was thinking of making some of these with some webbing and the aforementioned hook and loop tape!
Yeah but they say Velcro anyway like which is what I found funny. "pull your trailer in a safe and subtle way with this 4 wheel drive vehicle (sometimes referred to as a Jeep)"

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I’ve got these. I paid less though I think. I’ve ridden with once. Really highlighted how much I swung my right leg back. Very interesting. Horse went better. I think I’d have errant legs a useful prompt. (Assuming not a physical rider issue and you’ve had yourself checked).

I’d also far rather pay £5-10 for something with a safe quick release and would NOT use baler twine.

I could probably make my own now I have the design but need strung double sided Velcro, cord and strong thread, probably not worth the hassle for the saving.

muddybay

Visit site
I’ve got these. I paid less though I think. I’ve ridden with once. Really highlighted how much I swung my right leg back. Very interesting. Horse went better. I think I’d have errant legs a useful prompt. (Assuming not a physical rider issue and you’ve had yourself checked).

I’d also far rather pay £5-10 for something with a safe quick release and would NOT use baler twine.

I could probably make my own now I have the design but need strung double sided Velcro, cord and strong thread, probably not worth the hassle for the saving.
Thank you! I'm hypermobile in my leg joints so I think that's part of the problem but I also think it's bad habit! I'm hoping if I can build strength with it in the right place then I'll have the right muscles going forwards

xDundryx

Visit site
I got these for jumping as my lower leg has gotten into the bad habit of swinging backwards. No amount of lessons or being shouted at in lessons or brain training could stop me doing it. They really highlighted how much of an issue it was and helped train my leg to stay glued in place. I hate using gadgets but highly rate these.