Good place to buy poles from?

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
My daughter’s instructor has given her some Christmas ‘homework’ - pole work exercises. All the poles at the yard bar two are ancient wooden ones with faded, peeling paint and they’re not easy to a) see against the arena surface and b) lug around. So I was wondering how much it would cost to get a set of poles for our own use? And where would be a good place to get them from? Thanks

Wheels

Visit site
i get mine from the local saw mill and then paint them up myself as the ready painted ones in the local tackshop are £££

HeyMich

Visit site
I ordered 12ft 'machine rounds' from the local sawmill and they worked out at about £12 each delivered. Much cheaper than from an equine supplier.

Buy some cheapo primer and gloss and set your daughter another bit of christmas homework - get her to paint them as jazzy as she likes!

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Another who buys poles from their local sawmill although I did get bought a couple of heavy plastic ones, which are great but 3x the price.

blood_magik

Visit site
Local sawmill for my basic ones and then my plastic weighted ones are from Jump 4 Joy - they’re a little bit more £££ but you can get lightweight ones that are really easy to move about

Flyermc

Visit site
im not sure if they still do them, but it might be worth trying to find some pole covers/sleeves (they were like a long narrow plastic bag for the poles with pole marking on them) they were not expensive and you could use them on the existing poles.

either that, or could you get a group together to repaint the set you have?