Good puppy gone bad!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Beau is being so well behaved at the moment when he is left on his own, he can be left for a couple of hours unsupervised in my room happy as larry come back and everything is as it should be etc and he just comes out for his wee!

Went out to a talk for 1.5 hours tonight, come back........

bin is on the other side of the room with one corner chewed off, all the contents sprawled about the room ripped to shreds in my bed on my carpet etc

I was like ARGH! especially after I was telling my friend how good he was at the end of the talk I was like RIght well taking that back now!

just hope he hasn't eaten anything too bad for him! will be monitoring him tonight and tomorrow me thinks!

sorry for the rant but GAH its annoying!!!!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
That's puppies for ya
smirk.gif

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
He is crate trained, he is happy in a crate but he is NORMALLY well behaved out of it and it was just a day he had been left 2x and I think it was a suck on this mum moment!

Hes a funny bgger tho as for the rest of the night trying to make up and cuddle etc I was like YE damn right you better suck up!!!

hehe love him really tho!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
He got another chance today and blew it, big style! so now we are going back to square one with the crate!

He is hapyp in the crate (but obv not compared to how happy he is when out) so we will keep on with that for a couple of weeks and see if we can re-inforce good behaviour whilst I am out!

So hard to keep your calm some times isnt it! hehe Lovely puppies! god its a good job they are always so cute!!!

prosefullstop

Visit site
I feel for you. We got so lucky with Stella. She never chewed a thing, never barked, and had free roam of the house from sixteen weeks. I have a sneaky feeling that the newbie will be a terror
tongue.gif
grin.gif

If he's good in the crate, I would start small with giving him freedom. My poor sister-in-law is up the wall with her dog, Crow. She is a free-roaming farm dog, swims every day, goes on massive hikes, yet she is still a nightmare chewer, and has downed everything from chocolate cakes to thyroid meds
shocked.gif

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Woops!!!!

Nah Beau never chewed when he was younger, except chews you provided him with (raw hides etc)
but for some reason recently hes just been pushing it with almost everything he does!
So decided to go back to basics and start reinforcing all over again!!! Only prob is being a border collie he needs a large crate which is just awkward and always in the way! hehe

Cant wait to see piccies of stellas future matey!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Thats what my mum said,

Im sure I wasnt this bad when I was a teenager!!! My memory of myself was perfect!
grin.gif
apparently I am mistaken!