good report about a dealer

Tufty

Visit site
a girl on our yard has a problem horse and has tried to sell him privately and has been unsuccessful. Someone on the yard suggested that she send it to a dealer who takes a commission and sells horses on behalf of other people. She contacted the dealer and dropped off the horse last week. This week she was told to come and collect the horse as the dealer said "I only sell genuine horses and cannot possibly put my name to this horse "

Thats refreshing to hear after all the things you hear about dealers, would now definitely recommend this woman to anyone wanting to buy from a dealer.

samp

Visit site
I sent a killer or a horse to a dealer that also said she cold not risk her reputation by selling it on to the general public so we elected to have it PTS

Chex

Visit site
Thats good to hear! There are genuine dealers out there, its just all the bad ones seem to get the press!

A horse I was riding for someone was sent back to the dealers because it was unsuitable. I saw it advertised the next day as "family horse", "perfect to hack", "ideal for novice" for a horse that would rear, buck, spin, just if you asked it to walk up the lane!

Stella

Visit site
Its good to hear the positive things, when we hear so often of the bad ones. I bought my mare from a good dealer and I know she wouldn't put her name to anything with a serious problem
smile.gif

Tufty

Visit site
she is trying to persuade someone to school her or she may just keep her and persevere. The good news is that she is not trying to sell it to some novice. I think she should send her away to be schooled as she could be a nice mare just bad handling and lack of time have resulted in a very nappy mare who needs some firm handling and good schooling but I wouold say a six month job.