Good riding stables in Cornwall

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
I'm off down to Port Isaac for a week and although I own my own horse when I go away I always try and get a ride in where ever I am.

So can anybody recommend a good stables that does exciting rides (no plodding please!) on quality horses (I have a beautiful but nutty TB) around Bodmin way. Actually I probably will be popping down to Helston (used to live there
grin.gif
) so any where near there would be good too although I'd prefer a moor ride.

Thankies!

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Anyone???
grin.gif
Will be doing an internet search but personal recommendations would be better (after once having a crap ride near Exmoor).

allijudd

Visit site
i think its called hallegenna...not sure on the ruiding though...i once applied for the managers position there.....definatly moor riding....

or wheal buller further down...i think they are redruth area..i think they may do beach ride?

Wishful

Visit site
Not quite Cornwall, but Cholwell Farm in Mary Tavy (near Tavistock) is great for moor riding on Dartmoor, with well schooled, responsive horses (the ride leader encourages you to do a bit of shoulder fore and leg yield when walking).

No road work, unless the weather's really horrible (so windy the horses were rocked by the gusts), the farm is right on the moor (just visible from road from Sourton to Tavistock)

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
don,t whatever you do go to hallegena , try this one , they are approved and thats a lovely area on bodmin moor http://www.lowertokenburyequestriancentre.co.uk/

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt sure on the hallegenna one....but it looks like you shouldnt go there.....
blush.gif

i forgot about lower tokenbury but i didnt think they were on the moor......richard lucas is good though and his wife events i think..i know hes a qualified saddler!!