Good shampoo recommendation? ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good dog shampoo that actually gets rid of awful smells? I’m not meaning general dog smell (quite like that!) but disgusting “why have I got a dog” smell!
Cecil has just found an indescribable bad thing. It was green and full of maggots. It was intense fun and “leave” went out the window!
He swung it merrily all over his body. ?
He’s just had a pretty bad introduction to bathing, poor dot!
I used some old dog shampoo, probably been there years. Baby powder smell (almost as bad as rotten innards)
He’s spent the past 10 minutes flinging his wet still smelly body at me til I gave in. He’s now curled up on my lap with bit of a shiver and emitting a stench of death and baby powder at me.
There has to be something really good (for future trauma)
I don’t care what it costs to save this.

windand rain

Visit site
Washed willow in horse shampoo as couldn't find the dog stuff she smells lovely now the stinking wet dog smell has gone it has taken her a couple of days to dry properly

poiuytrewq

Visit site
It got worse, I hadn’t noticed but daughter came home and commented on the sick in the dining room so I’ve just had to clean it up all over again ?‍♀️

I vaguely remember using anamology shampoo actually at a friends yard and it smelling lovely! (I too would have preferred fox poo on this occasion!)
Luckily he is so short haired we seemed to bypass the wet dog smell and go pretty much from wet to dry quickly, his saving feature!
Also annoyingly I went to buy him some food today and stopped to smell dog shampoo! One smelled amazing, lemon grass and something. No idea what it was though.
I returned it to the shelf as I didn’t need swanky dog shampoo……

windand rain

Visit site
Next puppyI have will learn to love the hairdryer as Willow hates it and her thick labrador coat holds onto an amazing amount of water. Especially after her rare soapy baths

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Next puppyI have will learn to love the hairdryer as Willow hates it and her thick labrador coat holds onto an amazing amount of water. Especially after her rare soapy baths
We have a lab, ours hates anything noisy like that too. I’ve never tried a hair dryer on him but know what reaction I’d get.
They take so long to dry, that’s partly why I’m so amazed how fast Cecil dries off after rain etc.
Luckily *touch wood* he’s 7 now and has never shown the slightest interest in eating or rolling in anything horrible! He’s way too busy running ??

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve used Dermacton shampoo bar. It smells quite clinical / disinfectanty but is totally natural. Expensive but lasts well and no plastic. I’ve also got the Fox poo one.

TGM

Visit site
We use the EqWax No-Rinse Dog Wash which has Lemongrass and Neem in it - smells more lemongrassy than neem thankfully! It is very good for removing the smell of fox poo and you don't need to rinse it off if you have a bath-phobic dog like ours!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Animology dogs body deodorising shampoo I really massage it in and wash twice, my dog absolutely stank a few weeks back and was covered on something vile and it got rid of it.

Maybe a bit of tea tree oil in a final rinse might help.