Good towing car that is also a good every day car

Moon Dancer

Visit site
I am looking for a good 4x4, will be used to tow two horses in either a 505 or 510. Ideally want it to be relatively economical and the lower tax bracket. Dont mind getting something a bit older.

ROG

Visit site
I am looking for a good 4x4, will be used to tow two horses in either a 505 or 510. Ideally want it to be relatively economical and the lower tax bracket. Dont mind getting something a bit older.
Try the Skoda Octavia 4x4 - towcar of 2014

B+E licence needed for that set up

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Not sure the Skoda Octavia will have towing capacity for a double with 2 horses. We are currently looking for something to tow our double trailer and it's so hard to find something car sized that will tow legally. Husband has bought a Merc ML500 but I'd rather swap it for something with a 2200kg tow weight that's not such a beast!

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I like my x trail....can tow 2000 kg

Edit ... Sorry just reread your post and realise you need to tow 2 horses so maybe something a bit bigger...

Batgirl

Visit site
For towing 2 you may struggle for economy as you need the power, I have an XTrail but as another poster says it doesn't have the towing capacity for 2 realistically. Mine is just OK with a 511 and a 17hh

You will wreck a car towing too near its capacity (and if you are really close it is easy to go over and become illegal (add 2x haynets, rugs, water...) so you may have to sacrifice economy.

pennyturner

Visit site
Not a 4x4, but my Mercedes e320 tows an heavy old Rice trailer very well. Pros, it's a comfortable cruiser for everyday use that does 40mpg on the motorway (25 towing). Cons, it's very very long, which can make shunting the trailer in a yard 'interesting', and absolutely useless off road.