Good Vibes Please....Pelvis area problem updates

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Here is my previous thread...
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=457287&page=4

My horse has been at AHT Newmarket since Monday - he didn't show up lame enough to nerve block on Monday or Tuesday, which left me feeling 'have I umagined this stiffness/lameness?'. Also thought will I have to eat my hat DannyVet!!!!!

Anyway he was ridden yesterday to see if he would show lame and he did. He was nerve blocked and his right foot, fetlock and below and above the hock have been given all clear by Sue Dyson.
Today he will be ridden again and have higher nerve blocks, stifle, hip....

Good vibes please that they find something fixable. This horse so deserves to come right. He is also behaving impeccably for the handlers/grooms and vets I am told which is a miracle and brings a tear to my eye to think about how far he has come from that extremely aggressive horse he was.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Fingers are tightly crossed.

I've sent two horses to Sue Dyson at the AHT.

Cannot fault their care of the horse, or their technical knowledge.

Will be thinking of him and you this afternoon.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Thank-you. Yes Sue Dyson is a legend - I feel honoured to have her treating him. Apparently there are few vets that can nerve block a hip successfully and she is one of those few.

Bubbles

Visit site
I was just wondering how you were getting on, fingers crossed for a happy outcome. Waiting for news isn't easy though is it...

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Hi not good news. He has changes/problems in the scaro iliac region. No wonder he was unhappy ridden poor lad. Interestingly he can buck for England and looking at other sacro iliac threads on here people thought that a horse with that problem couldn#t. He also continually kicks out with that hind too - another symptom Sue Dyson has documented in one of her studies. I don#t know why I should be at all surprised - iridology said pelvis, as did an AC, as did shiatsu. He will be injected Monday and I can fetch him Tuesday and start a physio programme.

I have also rang a McTimmoney person - so many people say such good things about that for sacro iliac region dysfunction.
At least I have an answer - poor boy. :(

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Aw hun, hugs.

Little Cob has something going on in that region. We turned away (daughter had outgrown, so whilst heartbroken we always knew that one day she would be too big). But, we also had a Bowen Therapist out to see him - she made a huge difference! He went from cantering like a constipated cow to moving just about normally.

Might be a long shot, but definitely worth a try?

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Aw hun, hugs.

Little Cob has something going on in that region. We turned away (daughter had outgrown, so whilst heartbroken we always knew that one day she would be too big). But, we also had a Bowen Therapist out to see him - she made a huge difference! He went from cantering like a constipated cow to moving just about normally.

Might be a long shot, but definitely worth a try?

Yes thanks for that. I believe Bowen and McTimoney are both excellent. I have a lady coming out on Wednesday I hope.
Poor lad he could have had this pain for years and noone has listened to him. I won't give up. If he has to be the biggest most beautiful youngest field companion at 17hh he will be!!!