Good vibes please

Shoei

Visit site
Hi Guys,
Sinda by beloved Great Dane woke with a limp yesterday on her back leg. She's 10 (just) so a very good age for a dane. She doesn't seem in any pain but it hasn't really improved. She is on meloxodyl for a touch of arthritis and I'm hoping she has just pulled herself. She keeps putting her paw down on her toes if that makes sense. Will be ok for a bit then does this or hops a few strides. I'm absolutely worried sick, the vet can't get her in until tomorrow afternoon and I have lost all my other danes to bone cancer. It sounds pathetic but I keep crying I'm so worried

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
What you describe sounds like 'knuckling over'. This can be due to a fall or knock of some sort and can result in a trapped nerve.
You might be better off in the Dog section to be honest. There are plenty of dogs and owners on the forum who can help.

Shoei

Visit site
Thanks- I did mean to put ithe in the dog section... not sure why it is here.

I have just put a post in the dog forum.

She seems a bit better today but diagnosed with degenerative nerve condition. I'm still hopeful she has made it worse by leaping about on the sofa.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Thanks- I did mean to put ithe in the dog section... not sure why it is here.

I have just put a post in the dog forum.

She seems a bit better today but diagnosed with degenerative nerve condition. I'm still hopeful she has made it worse by leaping about on the sofa.
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome x