Good vibes required along with testicle wishes!

Allie5

Visit site
I have a lovely 2yr old BWB colt. Bradley is determinedly holding onto one testicle. Due to various things outside my control we can't wait for it to drop naturally. He's got the vet coming out on Thursday afternoon to do an ultrasound scan to see if the missing testicle is close enough to the surface to do a small keyhole surgery to whip it off. If its not he will be referred to the vet school in Edinburgh for a full laporoscapy (sp ?) That's a major op that Im desperately hoping we won't need so please please everyone wish like crazy that we find this missing ball on Thursday. He's a gorgeous gentle little man and I hate having to put him through this.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
When I worked in the theatre of a major equine hospital, I would say around 75% of the horses referred for laparascopic Cryptorchidectomy surgeries, the nurses found the missing testicle before the surgery began. It usually took a lot of rummaging around with the horse on the table that you could never do with the horse standing but we took a lot of pride in our ability to find missing *******s!

Even if the ball is not found standing it doesn't necessarily mean a full surgery may be needed.

Allie5

Visit site
Happy Horse he's already been knocked out at home. Two vets and one unconscious baby horse - still no ball! He's been stabled next to a mare in the hope that she will ermm encourage the shy one down!

Allie5

Visit site
Hells Bells I have to say I have never wanted to see a testicle so much in my life! People on my yard think Im mental as I can often be found with one arm draped over his hips, squinting underneath him and talking to the missing one! Hoping I can coax it out!

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Oh dear:):):)Hoping come the autumn/winter I won't be doing the same thing to Lenny, he's dropped one and it is very small, but he's only 12 months old.:)

KSR

Visit site
I'm sure it will all go fine.. Wishing for a testicle too.. My 3yo had his out surgically last January no issues..

Sadly proud of the photo at hospital saying "caution stallion", lol..

Best wishes x

Spiritedly

Visit site
My 2 yr olds had a similar problem, I took him round to meet some rather pretty ladies in the hope of encouraging an appearance...they were the other side of a fence.....number 2 did appear unfortunately it then went again just after I phoned the vet :rolleyes: It's just ventured into the big wide world again so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it hangs around long enough to be chopped off :D

Allie5

Visit site
Spiritedly I have everything crossed that they will find the shy one on Thursday when he's sedated for his scan! Im hoping that being stabled at night next to a lady has encouraged it down!