Goodbye Bob

eahotson

Visit site
Sadly last night I lost my horse Bob to Colic in the early hours of last night.

I had the pleasure of owning Bob for nearly 10 years.

Bob was a 16 year old handsome 14.3 heavyweight cob who had large brown eyes and a lovely thick main and tail as well as long bright white feathers.

He had the most gentle of natures that one could imagine and he was such a kind and forgiving horse.

I would trundle him around the local lanes and bridleways and people would often stop and ask me about him as he had such a kind and friendly face.

One day when we were riding along a narrow single lane road when about 30 ‘Hells Angels’ came towards us and Bob looked at them and they looked at Bob and they all immediately stopped and switched off their engines so as to let us quietly walk past them.

When I first viewed Bob he was 6 years old and I asked the sellers if I could see him ridden along the busy main road outside their stables. They asked one of their grooms to ride him and she rode him along the main road with articulated lorries passing him in both directions and then went under the M11 motorway bridge before turning right down a quiet lane, doing a U turn and then the busy road back to the yard. He just ignored the heavy traffic so I agreed to buy him, had him vetted which he passed and he walked onto my ancient Bedford TK horse box and we took him back home.

Bob was a very easy horse to manage as he was so good with the vet and farrier. We could easily wash his feathers and tail and he would not even move an inch.

This place will feel very empty without Bob’s happy carefree character.

Bob! Thanks for the many nice long hacks that we had together – we did have some serious fun!

I wish you a safe passage across the Rainbow Bridge so that you can run free in heaven and enjoy the nice long green grass that grows there.

We will all miss you and hopefully we will meet again at the pearly gates of heaven.

Goodbye my loyal friend.

Peter
What a lovely touching tribute to what sounds like a lovely horse.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I am so sad to read of your loss. Bob sounded like he was a great character, and losing a relatively young horse suddenly just seems so unfair. Take care of yourself, and I really hope there comes a time when you can look back at all the good times you had together and smile. xx

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
That was a wonderful tribute to a horse who sounds like the one many of us would like to own. Colic is such a cruel illness and most of us will have lost at least one to it and will know only to well the shock and heartache it leaves behind. Take care of yourself and enjoy your memories.

Chappie

Visit site
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, I cried reading your wonderful tribute. Bob sounds a little like my Chappie and a lot like a horse we'd all love to know. I hope in time you can take comfort from your happy memories.