Goodbye Dreamer

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Sadly on the 29th June we had are old girl PTS due to her showing sign of her age, She was 38yo and we had her for over 20 years. Me and my sister all rode her she taught us all something, I owe her lots she made me what i am today. She was my older sisters pony but she belonged to all of the family. She will be sadly missed by all of use and its strange going over to feed everyone and she is not there, today i thought she was rubbing up her haynet in her stable :( but it was my mind palying tricks on me I hvae so many wonderful memories of her. She here is her goodbye, Sweet dreams Dreamer the little Chestnut mare with a MASSIVE heart love you forever and you will remain in my hearts forever, Good bye old girl xXx

009.jpg

016.jpg

Happy times
020.jpg

Doing what she loved so much.
022.jpg

019.jpg

Hope Thomas, Candy, Midnight, Brownie and Piper are looking after you we miss you all so much <3 Good bless all of you we will meet again one day that i promise. R.I.P Old girl x x x x

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
Very sorry to hear that, but also nice to hear that you did what you thought was best at the right time. Sounds like Dreamer had a very enjoyable life with you and your sisters.

I stood with my old boy when he was 40 and I was 18 when he was pts. It was one of the most devastating days of my life so far, yet I can only view it now as a positive thing - and hopefully in time you will too. The fact that he enjoyed so many years and gave so much happiness to myself and a few others too in such an active way makes me feel relieved that we could give him the dignity to send him off to sleep when he went drastically down hill shortly after retirement.

Keep all of those memories so safe and sound, and Dreamer won't leave you I promise.

Boxers

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a fantastic pony, and I'm so glad she was able to bring so much fun to you and your family. You will miss her, but you have done the right thing. Goodbye Dreamer, sweet dreams.

Emilieu

Visit site
What a beautiful girl. A grand old age to reach and 20 years of happiness in one home, what a lucky lady she was. Hugs to you. RIP Dreamer xx

gracey

Visit site
R.I.P Dreamer .. she looked like she had a great life with you .. i am so sorry for your loss after 30years you must be feeling like you are missing a limb :( huge hugs xx

Oldenburg27

Visit site
Thank you everyone

Its just hard as she was in her right mind and healthy just showing signs of her age and we wanted her to have the ending she deserved..

Thank you all.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
What a stunning girl she was. Hold onto the happy memorys that is how she would want you to remember her. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you and your family.

RIP Dreamer, A special girl who was truly loved. xx

Tammytoo

Visit site
Thank you everyone

Its just hard as she was in her right mind and healthy just showing signs of her age and we wanted her to have the ending she deserved..

Thank you all.

You gave her the greatest gift, a dignified death.

You'll have your memories forever.

Gallop free, Dreamer.

misst

Visit site
RIP Dreamer. We lost our oldie on 4th June - she was 28 and my daughters first pony. It still doesn't seem real.

Like you we decided to let her go before things got too bad and we would be left with less than happy memories. As it is we have beautiful pictures of her last day and wonderful memories of her at pony club with my dauther, and then her nannying our youngster in her last years.

I hope your memories remain sweet.

Muddy Wellies

Visit site
She looks so much like my chestnut mare I share with my mum. Plus the pictures show through what a special horse she is! So sorry to hear your loss but well done for letting her go with dignity, what a great home she had!!!