Goodbye my friend

Diddleydoo

Visit site
RIP Ken

Look after yourself risky business. You were exactly the owner he needed and you did right by him when it mattered the most. Please be proud of how brave you've been

Trouper

Visit site
Well done. Sometimes they come to us for just this reason - we just have to be as brave as you have been to do the right thing.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
So sorry for your loss, you're so brave.
take care of yourself and allow yourself time to grieve, it's really really hard xx

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Dear OP

Kudos to you for being so brave in making such a tough decision.
I have had to make that same call twice over the years. It’s so very hard and I did second guess myself before and after both were PTS. It took me a while to accept it was the right decision and in the best interests of both my horses.
I hope you’re ok and please take the time, however long that is, to process, grieve and heal.
You have done the right thing for your dear horse.
Such lovely photos by the way. RIP Ken

littlefluffball

Visit site
I read your other thread but didn't comment as I had nothing helpful to add. but I just wanted to come on here to offer some virtual support. it was clear from your posts that this was not an easy decision to come to and you have looked into all available avenues. You have made the best decision given the situation and well done for doing good by this horse and not irresponisbly passing him on. Thinking of you xxx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
If only all horses had an owner like you. You left no stone unturned in trying to sort out the problems, you even got injured trying to help him. You didn't hurt him or give him fear, he wanted for nothing and when nothing more could be done you protected him from harm and suffering at the hands of someone else. He isn't tied to the railings in some bin end sale waiting to be trashed from dealer to dealer. He isn't with an unsuspecting owner whose head he can kick off.

As sad as it is and as painful as it is, you are the most caring and professional owner any horse could ask for.