Goodbye my perfect Lily life is so cruel

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I'm so sorry, I can feel your pain through your words and its made me tearful. She was beautiful and much loved. Thank goodness you knew she was fine just a short time before she was injured.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Oh thats so horrible. I lost my first horse in a very similar way. your post brought tears to my eyes with the memories of finding him in a very similar state. He too was calling for me that day in the field when I found him with that injury.

I would not wish that on any horse owner.

Hold on tight to those memories, they will stay with you as long as you live and remember that squishy nose.

Great big hugs.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I am so sorry, its such an awful shock to find them like that. I too lost a horse with a broken leg, a compound fracture of his tibia. He greeted me with a whinny when I was called by the Y.O who had said to my mum that there was 'a problem' with my horse. If its any consolation however slight, please understand that whilst your horse might have been in a some pain, it was probably not half as much as you keep thinking.

When the adrenalin kicks in it takes most of the pain away. Even half an hour after the accident when I saw my horse being held by the YO and the vet looking at his leg and shaking his head, he still managed to turn his head to whinny at me - adrenalin was taking most of the pain away.

Please don't dwell on the image of your horse in her last moments. Just remember her fit and well and when you were both at your happiest. Sadly when things like this happen, despite hundreds and thousands of lovely memories and images, all you can think about is the last moments going round and round in your head like its on loop, never ending, it can drive you mad. Please don't let this happen to you. I am thinking of you xx

windand rain

Visit site
Sorry you have lost your much loved friend rest assured if the artery and veins were damaged then the accident happend very close to when you found her and she would likely have felt little or no pain as the body numbs everything for a while She will live on in your heart and mind forever so is with you all the time

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
Dear OP, I’m so very sorry for the loss of your much loved Lily. I’ve never sold a horse in my life and every horse I’ve ever owned has been a very much loved family member so I do appreciate the pain of how her loss means to you. I’m thinking of you at such a sad and difficult time. At least your dearly loved Lily is now pain free and in a happy place. Stay strong and don’t be afraid to grieve for her.
As hard as it seems there will be another horse at some point in time that finds you and needs the same care and love you gave to your dear Lily.
Thinking of you OP.
Take care xxx

Mrs B

Visit site
Oh how awful! I am so very sorry to read this. The pain coming from your words bounced out of my computer screen ... Sleep tight, beautiful Lily and the gentlest of hugs to you, OP x

eggs

Visit site
So sorry for your loss it must have been an awful shock. At least though you were with her at the end and also know that she hadn't been long with a broken leg.

Highflinger

Visit site
So very sorry - your first pony is always extra special. Try to remember the good times. Still think of my beloved first pony every day and lost him just over 17 years ago.