Goodbye my perfect Lily life is so cruel

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss, how awful.
She will have been so calmed by your presence in her last moments, I can feel the relationship you had with her through the way you have written your post.
Look after yourself OP. x

Lexi_

Visit site
Oh gosh, how awful 😞 Massive hugs to you.

Am I right in thinking she’d come back to you fairly recently and you’d done an amazing job bringing her back to full health? If so, what a lucky, lucky horse to spend her last months with someone who loved her so much.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Thank you everyone 😢
It still doesn’t feel real it really doesn’t, my face is black & blue and the size of the moon currently.
When you turn them out in the morning you never expect to find them like that.
A broken leg is an owners worst nightmare it really is, the vet said there was no way her leg could have been reconstructed it was completely shattered and she was loosing so much bloody and fast from the artery, my darling girl 😥 what a horrible horrible way for her to go.

Yes @Lexi_ you are right we owned her 9 years ago she was my first pony then, we sold her when I had to move onto horses for SJ and she was wasted with us she was an incredible jumper. Her old owners contacted us in July 2018 to say they were selling her. We bought her back and she was in a terrible state she hadn’t been handled for 5 years she was terrified and uncatchable, her sweet itch hadn’t been managed she was red raw everywhere and just an absolute state 😫

She has come so far since then, me and my 11yr old sister did a dressage competition her a couple of weeks back.
It was her first ever test.
She scored over 73% with me and 69% with Nia - it wasn’t incredible, she was such an incredible mare.
And last weekend people may have seen my post in weekend plans, she is petrified of trailers it took us 2 days to load her to get her home.
I’ve been working to get her trust back in me and on Saturday she walked straight in that trailer over 20 times for me she followed me in like a lamb she’s trusted me to walk straight into her nemesis.
We were absolutely speechless, but she loved me she loved everyone she was such a sweet happy pony that didn’t have a nasty bone in her body.

I am glad I was with her right till then bitter end I know some people find their horses when they have already passed and that is absolutely heartbreaking it really is.
I cuddled her and she put her head on my shoulder and breathed into my ear blowing gently as I told her how brave she was and how she really didn’t deserve to go.
I lay with her when her heart eventually stopped, I plaited her sweet itch mane that we had been trying to hard to grow after she rubbed it all of previously. I squished that gorgeous little muzzle of hers, oh how I’ll miss kissing that everymorning.
I put my head on her face and watched as her eye reflexes released and her eyelids slowly closed for the last time. It was absolutely horrifying to have to walk away from her like that.

She had so much to give, my sisters world is shattered she doesn’t understand she doesn’t understand why the vet couldn’t fix her leg

Mule

Visit site
Thank you everyone 😢
It still doesn’t feel real it really doesn’t, my face is black & blue and the size of the moon currently.
When you turn them out in the morning you never expect to find them like that.
A broken leg is an owners worst nightmare it really is, the vet said there was no way her leg could have been reconstructed it was completely shattered and she was loosing so much bloody and fast from the artery, my darling girl 😥 what a horrible horrible way for her to go.

Yes @Lexi_ you are right we owned her 9 years ago she was my first pony then, we sold her when I had to move onto horses for SJ and she was wasted with us she was an incredible jumper. Her old owners contacted us in July 2018 to say they were selling her. We bought her back and she was in a terrible state she hadn’t been handled for 5 years she was terrified and uncatchable, her sweet itch hadn’t been managed she was red raw everywhere and just an absolute state 😫

She has come so far since then, me and my 11yr old sister did a dressage competition her a couple of weeks back.
It was her first ever test.
She scored over 73% with me and 69% with Nia - it wasn’t incredible, she was such an incredible mare.
And last weekend people may have seen my post in weekend plans, she is petrified of trailers it took us 2 days to load her to get her home.
I’ve been working to get her trust back in me and on Saturday she walked straight in that trailer over 20 times for me she followed me in like a lamb she’s trusted me to walk straight into her nemesis.
We were absolutely speechless, but she loved me she loved everyone she was such a sweet happy pony that didn’t have a nasty bone in her body.

I am glad I was with her right till then bitter end I know some people find their horses when they have already passed and that is absolutely heartbreaking it really is.
I cuddled her and she put her head on my shoulder and breathed into my ear blowing gently as I told her how brave she was and how she really didn’t deserve to go.
I lay with her when her heart eventually stopped, I plaited her sweet itch mane that we had been trying to hard to grow after she rubbed it all of previously. I squished that gorgeous little muzzle of hers, oh how I’ll miss kissing that everymorning.
I put my head on her face and watched as her eye reflexes released and her eyelids slowly closed for the last time. It was absolutely horrifying to have to walk away from her like that.

She had so much to give, my sisters world is shattered she doesn’t understand she doesn’t understand why the vet couldn’t fix her leg
I think it's when it happens so suddenly it's such a terrible shock. When it's an illness and the horse becomes progressively worse you have time to come to terms with it. That terrible shock isn't there.

claret09

Visit site
such an awful thing to happen. they are so precious and we never know how long we will have them for. I lost an amazing horse when I was a teenager - she can in with a fracture - I was absolutely devastated- she was my world. I understand totally how you feel. I didn't really ever expect to be able to have another horse of my own. however, my boy found me and I value every single minute I have him. I am very lucky. I hope that when the time is right you find another equally special horse. thinking of you

Ceriann

Visit site
So very sorry. It will take time but the pain you feel at finding her that way will fade - you will always remember how special she was and the bond you had. I lost my mare 5 years ago in very similar circumstances - give yourself time to get over the shock and then grieve.