Goodness me!

tigers_eye

Visit site
Please read this, I think it is fascinating!

I am having a minor panic today as PAVO rules state that proof of sire and dam and dam's sire must be produced to compete at the finals - well William only has his sire on his passport, so BE have sent me off to see what proof etc I can come up with on his dam. This afternoon I have managed to track down the owner of his dam's sire, Athelstan. I've just got off the phone with her and in addition to the thoroughbred, arab, and one sixteenth exmoor that is in the melting pot of William's breeding, it turns out he is also one sixteenth CLYDESDALE
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
! That'll be where the blaze and stockings come from then....

So, as far as I can tell he is approximately 5 eighths TB (or 10/16ths), one quarter arab (4/16ths), 1/16th exmoor, and 1/16th clydesdale. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a registered Belgian warmblood......
crazy.gif
grin.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
Thats quite hilarious, he always looks like quite a chunky monkey on your photos though
tongue.gif

So, just curious, does this mean you cant do pavo if your horse has unknown parentage?

reynold

Visit site
just goes to show that the imported horses are often expensive 're-imports' of (unhappily) probably inexpensive exports from the UK a few generations back

'belgian warmblood' hahahaha - more like TBx
or even AAx

nice one

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well yes, I guess looking at just his breeding you would assume SHB(GB), but as we lived in Belgium when we bred him we used a stallion we thought would compliment the mare, and he just happened to be an AA who the BWP's had approved, which meant William automaticly got those papers. His dad was in fact born in France, so it's pure geography that's given him the label he has!

reynold

Visit site
great fan of AAs - must admit like someone else said on a recent thread when I posted link to Daws Firebird - that they'd always intended to use him and never got round to it.

I feel the same and looking at his age I may well make sure I get a foal by him next time round - might go against my norm and put mare back in foal on foal heat as she's due april so that would make next foal a may foal which wouldn't be late ( I happen to hate foals born july or later as weaning is so late in the year for the poor foal when it's cold and dark and hard for them to pick up after the separation (and also means it's not a great time to geld them if necessary)

ESH_Jess

www.eurosportshorse.com
[ QUOTE ]
great fan of AAs - must admit like someone else said on a recent thread when I posted link to Daws Firebird - that they'd always intended to use him and never got round to it.

I feel the same and looking at his age I may well make sure I get a foal by him next time round - might go against my norm and put mare back in foal on foal heat as she's due april so that would make next foal a may foal which wouldn't be late ( I happen to hate foals born july or later as weaning is so late in the year for the poor foal when it's cold and dark and hard for them to pick up after the separation (and also means it's not a great time to geld them if necessary)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a mare by tweet (Daws Firebird), do you have one?

shocked.gif

no_no_nanette

Visit site
As the mum of a proud owner of a ClydesdaleXTBX?pony?Connemara???? - anyway, a mongrel! - I love them to bits and think that Clydies can almost always add both great temperament and surprisingly good jumping! And how fascinating to discover such a mixed ancestry for a Belgian WB. Love it!
laugh.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
Rolled Gold II - an advanced eventer/grade A is half clydesdale, as is her sister who is Grade A. I always think that William looks like my old horse Wilmer - they even had similar names - he was Swedish
GATCOMBE03.jpg