Gordon Elliott

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I sincerely hope that it is a digitally altered photo. The horse has no saddle mark or brow band mark on it. The horse is also very poor rather than light and fit. Of course it could have dropped before doing any work and therefore would not be hot so would not have a tack mark on it.

This close to Cheltenham and with this year appearing to be an Ireland whitewash, there could well be some sick folk wanting to create problems for Mr Elliott.

If it is real racing is facing its darkest day.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Havent seen it so no idea what photo is of but there was a post in a racing site Im on and they have removed the pic and turned off comments so I assume it must be unsavoury :(

Clodagh

Visit site
I know the Mail is not the true heights of investigative journalism but they say ‘a source close to the photographer’ said it was taken on the gallops last year.

Smitty

Visit site
I found this photo deeply unpleasant and at best a hugely misguided attempt at dark humour.

I so badly want it to be photoshopped or whatever.

If it turns out to be real I would hope that all his owners find alternative trainers for their horses. To think that someone who makes a living from horses and has so little respect for them is chilling.

Steerpike

Visit site
I really do hope it is photo shopped, in honesty though I never liked the look of him I have to say, so wouldn't actually be surprised if it wasn't, if that makes sense.

paddi22

Visit site
I do photoshop for a living and if it's photoshopped then it's a masterpiece. I'd be 99.9% sure it's not photoshopped - the light, shadows and weight distribution all look correct and there's no cloning or blurring of pixels.

plus if someone accused you of being in a photo like this, wouldn't your first reaction be 'that's no me' not 'i'm helping the investigation.'

Clodagh

Visit site
I found this photo deeply unpleasant and at best a hugely misguided attempt at dark humour.

I so badly want it to be photoshopped or whatever.

If it turns out to be real I would hope that all his owners find alternative trainers for their horses. To think that someone who makes a living from horses and has so little respect for them is chilling.

I doubt it will bother Gigginstown. I hope others will be more discerning.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
People are saying photo shop but im not so sure. His legs look at the right angle etc, the only thing possibly suggesting photoshop is the shading on GE looks different to the rest of the picture. Also the horses right front leg doesn't look right, too short from the shoulder to knee though that may just be the angle

His statement seemed a bit brief I'd have said something like I categorically deny the event I have deep respect for the horses in my care and will work with the relevant authorities etc etc

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I doubt it will bother Gigginstown. I hope others will be more discerning.

Unfortunately Gigginstown like you say probably won't care- his desperation to persist with Tiger Roll and the whole oh he will be retired yet you just know he's going for that 3rd National. They have so many horses they are just numbers to them.

photo_jo

Visit site
I do photoshop for a living and if it's photoshopped then it's a masterpiece. I'd be 99.9% sure it's not photoshopped - the light, shadows and weight distribution all look correct and there's no cloning or blurring of pixels.
I'd agree with you except there's a line of pale light that should not be there
wrong knee.jpg

Last edited:

paddi22

Visit site
it's that line that makes me think it isn't, as thats how the light would land on a denim style surface. if you look at the guys leg to the left, the light hits the material on his leg the same way

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 18.20.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 18.20.56.png
    442.7 KB · Views: 45

photo_jo

Visit site
it's that line that makes me think it isn't, as thats how the light would land on a denim style surface. if you look at the guys leg to the left, the light hits the material on his leg the same way
I also use photoshop all the time and I said real for the same reasons as you, the foot in the sand etc etc until I saw that weird line on the knee-I so hope I'm right

paddi22

Visit site
we get asked to make composite shots for advertising campaigns and if you were asked to recreate that shot it would be so tricky. you would need someone to have posed on say, a barrel, the exact same height as the horse, and turned at exactly the same angle (which would be really tricky unless you were measuring it and setting it up purposely) and photographed with the same perspective as the original shot. his body is lined up perfectly with the line of the horses body.

you couldn't have clipped his body off a shot of him sitting on a horse, because his weight is in his left foot, so it isn't dangling like it would be on a horse. the way his leg is curved around the horses body is 100% correct and that would be tricky to do.

photo_jo

Visit site
we get asked to make composite shots for advertising campaigns and if you were asked to recreate that shot it would be so tricky. you would need someone to have posed on say, a barrel, the exact same height as the horse, and turned at exactly the same angle (which would be really tricky unless you were measuring it and setting it up purposely) and photographed with the same perspective as the original shot. his body is lined up perfectly with the line of the horses body.

you couldn't have clipped his body off a shot of him sitting on a horse, because his weight is in his left foot, so it isn't dangling like it would be on a horse. the way his leg is curved around the horses body is 100% correct and that would be tricky to do.

I agree with you on all your points-it's just that weird line

paddi22

Visit site
it occurs a lot in photos, this is good example of it, this photo isn't photoshops but he has a light rim all around him

Attachments

• KK7Br.png
    KK7Br.png
    627.3 KB · Views: 62

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I was wondering what he'd have to be sat on to have his legs at such a perfect angle as to seamlessly fit onto the horse.

I can only possibly think of him sat on a chair or bench maybe? I don't recall seeing any pictures of him riding

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I can't imagine the circumstances where an innocent man wouldn't simply have said "it's a fake".

Exactly I'd be quick to make clear that I had utmost respect for the horses in my care, appalled to see such an image and will be working closely with the relevant authorities to ensure my name is cleared