Goresbridge/Cavan Performance Hoe Sales : anyone bought from either?

no_no_nanette

Visit site
My current ISH mare was originally bought as an unbroken 3 year old from Goresbridge to event, and was doing well as a 7 and 8 year old until she tore a tendon. (Is now in foal to Caretino Glory) I really like Irish horses, and we are thinking of buying our next young horse to bring on, with the plan to event, from Goresbridge/Cavan. (Probably looking at rising 4/5 year olds ...) Does anyone have experience of having done this? Any tips? Does and don'ts? Would be very grateful for any thoughts or advice. Thanks all!

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Lol didnt even notice that typo, amusing though lol Rocky my 5year old came from Goresbridge as a 3yo, but i didnt buy him direct , i bought him from a dealer who bought him there. All the horses from his breeders yard go there, this september saw his full brother who i desperately wanted! I think goresbridge is one of the better ones but i havnt any tips for you sorry x

CastleMouse

Visit site
They are both great sales, and well worth buying from
smile.gif
Ben Along Time (ridden by Clayton Fredericks) came from Goresbridge
smile.gif

seaofdreams

Visit site
My mare went through caven as a 7yr old last april i brought her 2 weeks later and *touches wood* she has been perfect!!! she was the highest priced mare to come to england in her sale
shocked.gif
!!
i would like to take this oppertunity to say thanks to mum & dad for loaning me the money !!
grin.gif

and Lottie went through Goresbridge 6years ago and even though she had a hidden injury they wouldn't have known that and for the short time we had together she was also perfect.

4whitesocks

Visit site
I have sold at Goresbridge (god that was nervewracking) but never bought (though I do know lots of people who have)
IMO the best or safest to buy at the sales are young horses so no-one can claim they've done anything they haven't or are anything other than green...some great horses have come through Goresbridge over the years you can get the catalogue on-line (just google Goresbridge probabaly best bet)

SillyMare

Visit site
Yes. My sister and I have had 4 three year olds between us over the last 5 or 6 years.

All have been good - have done what we expected them to do - no nasty surprises when they came home.

Would definitely recommend the Gorsebridge Performance Sale - horses are sensibly priced and you get to see them worked and jumped before they go into the ring. All horses also come with a full 5 stage vetting and you have the option of taking a blood test.

Most recent purchase was Lexi as a 3 year old in 2004 (see competition riders section for forum - BCA report and photos).