Goresbridge December Sales....anyone been?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Is it worth going-do they usually have anything good for sale or does it tend to be the end of year cast outs?
And would I be able to pick up something decent for £3000-£4000? Or would that only buy an average riding club horse?

BBs

Visit site
I was meant to go in September - Jona was going with me - its worth going but take someone experienced wth you - thats what i was told
smile.gif

I think Sillymare has been or Turbobert or both lol (mother daughter combo
wink.gif
) ask them as i am sure Sillymares ginger one came from there
smile.gif

Hows owen??

Vxx

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thank you BB's! I will ask those two!

Do you know if Jonna is going? Perhaps I could *ahem* meet up with him?! Lol....as he would be a brilliant person to advise me I am sure..

I dont know what is wrong with Owen at the moment- but you can hardly touch him his muscles are so sore all over his body!I am sure that he has put his whole back out cos he went LOOPY in the field. A Virus has been ruled out, the vet cannot do anything, and I am now getting Will Fox Pitts physio to look at him for a second opinion, but it will be weeks before I can get an appointment....then I will have to build him up all over again after that...we were so close to competing yet we are now so far...if only he had not been so stupid in the field he would have been fine..
frown.gif

How is the gorgeous Mr Snoopy going?
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Ahh I havent spoken to J for a while he was away for ages! will telephone him this week to see if hes back in Ireland for you
smile.gif

OH NO!!! jeez i am so sorry to hear abotu Owen - you have no luck
frown.gif
hugs babe! WFP physio is fab! she was meant to come out ot see Bally, but didnt in the end - but she used to do my other trainers horses
smile.gif
and they rated her very highly
smile.gif

Please keep me informed - is there no one else that can see him?

Mr Snoop is a dude thank you
smile.gif
I am chuffed to bits with him - he truely is fantastic and i havent ridden such a talented horse for a very very long time
smile.gif

Shall send you a pic of us jumping if you like
smile.gif

Vx

seabiscuit

Visit site
Ooh yes please do send me a pic of you guys jumping! I love your Mr Snoop he is such a hot totty
smile.gif
wicked jump too!

That would be fab if you could ask Jonna if he is going as long as it is not too much trouble!

Owen is a royal pain in the backside! I have lost faith in the other physio that usaully sees him so I am going to wait for Amanda to see him and see what she says...she is really good friends with my Mother so hopefully fingers crossed we may be able to wangle an appointment sooner!
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Okay guys!
Caz i will send one to your mother!!
smile.gif

I have everything x for you Forrest! if you ever get fed up you can always come up and see me
smile.gif

Vx

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Amanda to see him and see what she says...she is really good friends with my Mother so hopefully fingers crossed we may be able to wangle an appointment sooner!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope shes not THAT good freinds with your mother?
grin.gif

charlie76

Visit site
I went a couple of years ago. There are some very nice horses but nothing of any quality went for under £5-£6k.
You also need to be a little careful as some horses looked easy and nice to ride but had very good jockeys on them!

4whitesocks

Visit site
Sold at horse at them but haven't bought....would make sure you bring someone extremely experienced with you, prefferably someone from over here who may know the 'dealer' types....a lot of trading is done outside the ring

SillyMare

Visit site
We have bought 4 in total from the September sales - all unbroken 3 year-olds at the time.

All did what they were expected to do - we have never had a nasty surprise when we got home (which of course is not to say we never will).

1st one - Rocky (bought in 2000) - 3/4 TB / 1/4 ID. Evented up to Novice with my sister, lovely horse but never really had the right mindset for eventing (not something we could have assessed at a sale) so sold on as a nice riding clubber.
2nd one - India (2002) - 1/2 TB/ID. Lovely horse, evented with me up to Novice until she injured a tendon this spring. Will maks someone a lovely riding horse when she is back in action.
3rd and 4th - Buster (approx 3/4 TB, 1/4 WB) and Lexi (TB) (2004) Buster is by Cruising and has been quite challenging (although my sister knew that when she bought him - has it written all over his face) -fantastic jumper though and will go up to BE Novice next year. Lexi (AKA Ginger Assassin) also good - can be tricky but has a lovely jump - should also go to BE Novice next year.

Will tell you what we paid for each if you PM me.

I think buying 3 year olds that way is fairly safe - you can spot the lunatics fairly easily as it is quite a stressful environment for them. Keep an eye on the back ring next to the box park - you will notice which ones are being worked suspiciously early and which are misbehaving.

Of course buying older horses always has a greater element of risk, but I certainly know several people that have had nice horses through that route.

A lot of people are nervous about buying from sales and obviously you need your wits about you, but everything from the performance sales comes with a full vetting, you can take a blood test and I'm sure you are no more likley to be stitched up there than buying privately