Goresbridge Horse sales.

Bri

Visit site
Just wondering whether it's worth a visit to the sport Horse Performance sales in September? How much do the horses tend to go for on average?
Thanks!
smile.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
well i think its def worth a visit both of my current horses came from goresbridge originally just i got them from pros that were dabbling in dealing and had bought a few over there-i dont know how much they are going for though
frown.gif

spaniel

Visit site
I printed off the catalogue for the full weeks sales and there are some very nice horses described. There doesnt seem to be anything on the Goresbridge site which indicates prices achieved at past sales which is annoying.

We were hoping to go over this year but sadly September is just too busy for us. However I might be able to get over for the October or November sale but obviously there wont be so many horses going through.

I think the september one has about 1800 listings!!!

Might be worth phoning Goresbridge and getting an average price???

Bri

Visit site
Just been browsing through it now...and totally agree, some very nice sounding horses but no idea how much they'll go for!!!

I know it will obviously vary from animal to animal, but a rough guide would be useful, otherwise we'll go over there only to find everything is 2/3k over our budget!

Good idea spaniel, will call on monday! Unless you think they'd be around over the weekend?

spaniel

Visit site
Its worth trying on the weekend, with so much going on in the build up to the sale there could well be someone sensible in the office.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
The monthly Goresbridge sales are the place to find bargains. I know people who have won 3 point to points with horses they have picked up there for £600. Not sure if it applies across the disciplines, think they are first Saturday of every month.

ElleJS

Visit site
There are some very nice sounding horses. Again another one here who would love to know the average price! Am tempted to go and find out.....

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Turbobert has bought horses from Goresbridge before so she might be able to give you some guidelines on prices. Dont forget to factor in the haulage costs to get them home, think it is normally about £200.

CastleMouse

Visit site
I've been to the performance sales a few times, and they have some fantastic horses, I'd recommend that you go!
smile.gif
And all horses are vetted prior to the auction

miss_bird

Visit site
I went last year and the prices are varied depending on the animals. prices went from £1000 up to £20,000. The good thing about these sales is that you can go around the stables and look at any of the horses you are interested in, then there are 2 arena's that the horse are ridden in prior to the sales. Also another arena that you can try the horses out in yourself. It really is worth a visit, i will be going on friday, so hopefully see some of you there

sherwood'

Visit site
i got my boy form there last year- the best day ever !
well worht a trip- where else would u get hundreds of top irirhs horses going thro the ring in one place- fantastic. Prices vary from good bargains to top prices. we r taking a lovely 4 yr old mare down to sell on saturday so i am hoping that selling will be as good a day out as buying!! well worth a trip!

severnmiles

Visit site
The sport horse sales have gone quite crazy price wise but the TB sale is still very reasonable! You can often find better at Malvern or privately in England for the same money as at Goresbridge and Cavan performance sales.

Transporter wise you won't find anything less that £180-£200 and if you only bought one horse it will be more like £250.00. But sometimes they come back with snivels or coughs
crazy.gif

Taking your own trailer is over £450.00 though