Gorgeous brown HKM field boots...

Blitzen

Visit site
have finally arrived!!! Ordered them a week ago and no sign of them, so OH rang Dogwood's to find they were out of stock :( but they were lovely and v helpful, and managed to source a pair for me, only the short/wide instead of regular/wide. No problem, very happy as they're actually the perfect length.

However, I am currently sat wearing said beautiful boots, with my toes pointed inside them to make my calves a bit 'sleeker', as oh my GOD, are they TIGHT!!! I haven't even tried them on with breeches, I haven't got past the 'tights' stage yet... OHs exact words were "you look like a kinky lunatic" :rolleyes: I get the feeling that there's a good few weeks worth of hard graft with damp newspaper, the hairdryer and leather balm ahead of me :p :D
either that or I could just take them to the cobblers and get them stretched a smidge, but where's the fun in that, eh? :)

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I bought a brown pair in June from Dogwoods to wear with my new tweed habit and had to send the first pair back to them (size 7/ Euro 41) and go up two sizes to the 9 (euro 43) as I couldn't get the zips up!! LOL, I never take a 9 in anything, I'm always a 7 or 8 (Euro 41/42) but these 9's JUST fit. Oh man, the calves are tight but they are starting to break in after wearing them to 2 shows. I got the regular length but find they fit like talls as I'm 5'9"! they are very flattering though as the foot is nice and narrow and the ankles are slim on them too. I love mine so much!

Blitzen

Visit site
I usually take a 6 or sometimes a 7, so in euopean sizes tend to go for a 40, but I'm so pleased I went for a 41! I don't think a 40 would have done up as they're 0.5cm narrower in the calf than the 41! That's how tight they are - half a cm smaller and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fasten, lol! The ankles are fine, as is the top of my calf, but its the middle section where they're really snug. My OH has made me promise I'll take them off when I start to lose the feeling in my toes :) :D
They are ridiculously smart though, they look great, I've just got to man up and get on with breaking them in :p

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
I've got a very high arched foot so could barely get my foot in them, even with the elastic laces. I can JUST get my foot into the 9's, it's mad how small the boots run!

LOL, I wore mine for two days straight when I got them.

Here's me breaking them in on my side saddle while watching TV in my jimmy jams and joddies! Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do!

wilt.jpg

Blitzen

Visit site
Pmsl! That photo is brilliant! I don't look dissimilar at the moment, just minus the sidesaddle and hat ;) lol
Have you found they have stretched much? Seriously don't think I could ride in them as they are - I might have to buy some leather stretch spray. I'm tempted to smother them in Renapur but don't want to make them much darker. Certainly won't be using neatsfoot on the outside but will give them a smear of it on the inside :)

Blitzen

Visit site
Boo you, dafthoss! :p ;)
I have the 41(7) in wide fit which is 41cm around the calf, (or so they say, I measured my legs at 40cm and these are TIGHT!!) I think their regular fit are around 35-37cm depending on foot size? I'm not sure, I didn't even look at the 'regular' size chart, no point with my chunky stumps :D
Have you tried any of the Italian boots, like Sergio Grasso, or Brogini? They're generally aimed towards the tall slinky european gals :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have a lovely pair oF HKM brown boots ( not field ones ) they almost match exactly my new brown Charles Owen Ayr 8 Hat I am so pleased with them and the hat.

dafthoss

Visit site
Boo you, dafthoss! :p ;)
I have the 41(7) in wide fit which is 41cm around the calf, (or so they say, I measured my legs at 40cm and these are TIGHT!!) I think their regular fit are around 35-37cm depending on foot size? I'm not sure, I didn't even look at the 'regular' size chart, no point with my chunky stumps :D
Have you tried any of the Italian boots, like Sergio Grasso, or Brogini? They're generally aimed towards the tall slinky european gals :)

No cos I'm not tall, I'm really short :cool: and have little legs so normally have to get kids long boots. Not sure I want to spend as much as the italian ones are as I'm not sure my ankle can take long boots so would be a waste and difficult to sell on if they didnt, just like the brown ones for every day and possibly eventing.

Blitzen

Visit site
Have a look on the Dogwood's website, I'm fairly sure the HKM field and dress boots come in short height/regular calf. And they are, errm, " slim" fitting too, as my poor leggies will testify! :p