goring first time pre-novice!!

missmorsey

Visit site
trying to plan ahead , do you recomend goring heath as a first time pre-novice i walked the course not last year but the year before and it looked quite nice from what i can remember which is very little.!
also what is the water like is it walk into it or a step into it ect wouuld appreciate the information.
thanks
x

vic07

Visit site
good chunky pre novice with a few turning courses. I'd say that south of england or munstead is a better first timers course. Think you can walk into water after a log but there is a step in as the direct route. Big corner near end of course.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
my sister did gorung 1 as first time PN last year and flew round but did the alternative at the corner which was a double of rails on a turn, hard to explain. there was a skinny fence near to the water but was portable.
if you have a good xc horse then its not too bad but as all ready mentioned munstead is nicer, small and inviting.
goring sj was big.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I did Goring as my first PN on Owen, it was the only XC clear that he has out of the 5 events that he did ! Despite his back problem, he just loved that course. Yes it does look very big for a Pre Novice, and I thought that no way would we get round- but the course is so flowing and galloping that Owen just loved it and wanted to eat up the fences. There was one very tricky double of skinnies on an angle that I nearly missed but the horse was generous.

The water had 2 options when I was there- you could either jump a step in or walk in.

Just keep kicking and galloping and get a good rythym going and it will be fine. There is a high % of XC clears at Goring.

The SJ is big though.

missmorsey

Visit site
you have me worried now ,i have done the intro course round bca 2 will have hopelly done burnham beeches and the pc novice final at cheshire so i guess the best thing to do is see how we get on there
thanks for the help now i really dont no what to do about goring ahh