Got all my hay sorted.

WallisM

Visit site
Howdy Partners.....
smile.gif

Last night farmer delivered 4 round bales, So me and my mam (bless a, who has hay fever and is illergic to horses wish I was ! hahaha
laugh.gif
) rolled them over to my stables so we could get them covered and stored away properly.
So now I have 80 small bales, 4 round bales and now starting to get my Equilage in.
I do hope I have enough,
confused.gif
As my horse ain't in yet will be coming in in 2 weeks.
Anyone else sorted for hay ?
xx
wink.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
Yep, had mine sice August. Ordered more than last year though as I ran out and I am finding it hard to find places to store it! As well as our hay store it is also in our greenhouse, shed, and dotted under bits of tarpaulin in the garden. I hope it is still ok when I actually come to use it...

WallisM

Visit site
Well I have a spare stable where I keep my small bales and I have enough room to store one round bale and halage and if weather was bad my 14.2 pony can stand in there aswell. the other 3 rounds are at the back of my stable very well covered if I do say so myself thank to tarpoling from B & Q.
X

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, had mine sice August. Ordered more than last year though as I ran out and I am finding it hard to find places to store it! As well as our hay store it is also in our greenhouse, shed, and dotted under bits of tarpaulin in the garden. I hope it is still ok when I actually come to use it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick tip, hope you don't mind!

Use that farthest away first or the lot most likely to be vulnerable to the weather (that under tarpaulins) then when the weather is at the worst you won't have so far to trek for it and it won't be as pathered up underfoot either!

riotgirl

Visit site
Cheers Pat! Of course I don't mind - if there is a hard way of doing things than I generally pick it, so all advice is appreciated! My dad will be thanking you as this will hopefully limit the track marks/clumps of hay that littered the lawn last winter!
grin.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
Yes finally collected the rest of my hay on sunday all 450 bales of it and yes i lifted each bale at least once, think i might enter miss universe the muscle's on my arms are so large at the mo, ha ha