Gracie Spinks - RIP

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Just read the awful news about this poor young rider who was murdered in a murder suicide. Apparently she had filed a restraining order against a stalker and it seems likely that this was the perpetrator. I'm so shocked, and scared that these stalker murders seem to happen so frequently.

My thoughts are with all those who knew and loved her.

Sorry to link to the Sun & the DM, I can't find other options at present.

Model killed in Derbyshire village filed a restraining order against stalker, friend claims | Daily Mail Online
Horse rider Gracie Spinks, 23, killed in field attack had stalker and filed restraining order before murder, says pal (thesun.co.uk)

GSD Woman

Visit site
This horrible. I honestly didn't realize that you all had this problem in the UK. I guess dangerously ill is world wide.

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
RIP Gracie, how awful. I had (have? It's been a while since an incident (police were very involved)) a stalker and one of my biggest fears was being at the yard early morning on my own, when it was several hours between me being down and someone else turning up. This really strikes a chord. Poor, poor woman, she must have been so scared.

Visit site
Poor woman, this is quite horrifying. Apparently someone found a bag full of knives and a creepy note in a lane nearby just a few weeks before this happened. They told the police who declined to investigate. If the two things are linked then the police will have questions to answer. It's absolutely shocking.

Apparently, the rucksack they found with the weapons inside had a water container and clothes in too, there would have been DNA on them too.

Moobli

Visit site
Absolutely horrific and heartbreaking case. This young, beautiful and hard working girl with such a bright future sadly snatched away from her by what it would seem was an obsessed stalker who went on to kill himself ?. Why couldn’t he just take his own life and leave Gracie alone. Her family and friends must be totally devastated. It doesn’t bear thinking about.
Gracie’s funeral was well attended and by many on horseback. Her own beautiful horse Paddy led the horse drawn carriage with the coffin, ridden by Gracie’s best friend, Ben. Just breaks my heart.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-spinks-funeral-derbyshire-shows-5691049.amp

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
This happened very near to me and I have a lot of friends who knew her. Its unutterably sad. There have been some lovely vids on FB of her funeral procession including her horse at the front riding through the town with hundreds if foot followers too. Horsey community at its best.

I would just like to add that she had spoken to police about this matter, but did not take out a restraining order and I believe asked police not to approach this evil individual about the stalking. The bag that was found would not have been tested as when found there was no crime to link it too. Its awfully sad but at the time it was discovered it was just an abandoned bag, nothing linking it to any crime and therefore no reason for the police to DNA test it.

RIP Gracie xxx