grading??

Tinkerbell

Visit site
ok, thank you. my mare is unknow breed of her family so that mean any mares must have some bloodlines in them, is that right?

_daisy_

Visit site
I think so on the BWBS - they have to be at least 25% for the sports horse but at least 50% for the main studbook, but ill have a look at other gradings for you.
do you know breeding she is/could be?

Tinkerbell

Visit site
she is warmblood x ID which i believe ( most people who i know, they said she deffo is) so dont know who parent of her tho..

_daisy_

Visit site
they can do DNA testing, but I dont know if you would have to say who you think the Sire is as they may not be able to check her DNA against every stallion on their books - also the stallion she may be not registered with them.

Is there any reason you are looking at getting her graded?

Tinkerbell

Visit site
for breeding because she got lovely personalty, good shape of her body and head aswell that's why... i want to have a foal from her then reg her/him, graded/ passport something like it. that is important to keep lines.

_daisy_

Visit site
thing is even though you could get it her graded it still wont show her parentage.
Ive got the same problem. My mare is registered with the AES under her sire. His oarentage is on her papers but as my friend was never given her papers form her mare and neither or us can trace her through any of the societies she has the dam as unverified.
My friend has had her mare graded but unfortunately she missed out by 2 points for pink papers however they have graded her and put her on their books, but only the dams sire is on the passport. In order for me to upgrade to pink papers I need the mare to have full 3 parentage on both side which she hasnt got so the only way she can get pink papers is to grade her.
I dont think I will ever breed off her (id like to in the future, but dont think my mum will let me) so they would only be of use if I come to sell her?

_daisy_

Visit site
other thing is:
I bred off my other mare who is ungraded and registered with the SHB(GB) on the basic identity book, and registered the foal on the same book, but have just found out that the stallion I used has just completed his grading so I am in the process of having the foals papers upgraded to the mane studbook. - would this not be possible if you put her in foal in the future rather than you grading your mare?