Grafham Stud sale

SpottedCat

Visit site
A lot went unsold - reserves were IMO set high. Both the horses I liked went unsold but both had bids on them for more than I would have been happy to pay.

The really smart ones were still making good money, but the more average ones seemed to have high reserves.

I didn't make a note of what each one made/got to, though a friend did.

First time I've been to a sale, really interesting. Think I'll be trying Goresbridge as I'm in the market for a 4 or 5 yo 15.2 gelding with eventing bloodlines.

ihatework

Visit site
Bit of a mixed bag today. Quite a few ordinary ones with big reserves they didn't reach. A handful of nice ones sold at a fairly low price.

I had 2 ringed for potential purchase, both went just slightly higher than my limit - a WUAS yearling filly that including VAT would have been around 3.4k, and a backed 3yo filly went for 4.2k

Lot 1 was lovely and went unsold at 2.8k, gutted that wasn't a filly, anyone looking for 2yo gelding definitely worth a phone call

A fair few were withdrawn too

stoneybroke

Visit site
Well I took 7 and sold them all although prices were low I was lucky got get really lovely purchasers which makes it worthwhile. I think 4200 was top price, 2 broodies sold quite well at mid 3's and 4. Sometimes u have to take the bad years, we sold 3 there at the top end 2 yrs ago and this time it was a bit middling...that's horses

It's going to b a tough winter for horse owners.

hayinamanger

Visit site
It was a very slick and professional operation. Great detailed information about the horses and the yard was immaculate, well done to all those involved.

sz90168

Visit site
Does anyone know what the stock my moonshine pharo sold for? I really liked the 3 year old palomino colt. I got a 2 year old gelding my moonshine pharo.

stoneybroke

Visit site
Neither made the reserve but they were lovely. Full of quality. Pharo lives a mile up the rd from me now...often see him out riding :)

sz90168

Visit site
Neither made the reserve but they were lovely. Full of quality. Pharo lives a mile up the rd from me now...often see him out riding :)

Do you know what the reserve was on them? Does Moonshine Pharo do anything competing wise now? I found out Grafham Stud sold him. I just like to find out a bit more about my boys daddy. He is a Palomino as well.

stoneybroke

Visit site
Sorry I do know the reserves but not really appropriate to disclose on a public forum without the owner's consent. I am sure the stud will be happy to discuss them with you if you are interested in purchasing one of them